The Tufts CTSI Clinical and Translational Research Center is available for research studies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The CTRC consists of the following two units:
A clinical research unit that occupies 6,800 square feet on the 6th floor of the Farnsworth building at Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, and includes:
• Waiting area for research participants
• Nursing station
• Two phlebotomy chairs
• 8 private rooms [5 single-bed, 3 double-bed) that can be used for outpatient or inpatient studies. These are general-purpose rooms that can be used for examination, specialized procedures (e.g. intravenous glucose tolerance test) or interviews. All rooms have private restrooms and all but one have a private shower.
• Administrative offices
• Areas equipped with desktop computers to be used by research coordinators
• Conference area that can accommodate up to 8 persons
• Lounge for staff
• Specimen processing area
• Short- and long-term sample storage area with -20oC freezers
• Short- and long-term sample storage area with -80oC freezers
A full-service Core Laboratory, which occupies 1,300 square feet on the 7th floor of the Ziskind building.