We know that you would never settle for anything less than the best when it comes to your child’s health. That’s why Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center has teamed with Lawrence General Hospital to bring world-class pediatric care right to your doorstep in the Merrimack Valley community. So rather than traveling into Boston for medical appointments, you and your family can stay right where you are, and still receive the advanced care provided by an Academic Medical Center.
Floating Hospital and Lawrence General formed a clinical affiliation in 2010. Since then, we've collaborated to expand the range of pediatric services and specialties available in Lawrence. Now, pediatricians from Floating Hospital are onsite at Lawrence General 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for your family. In addition, specialists from Floating Hospital are also available to provide advanced care in everything from pediatric gastroenterology and neurology to cardiology and endocrinology.
What does our partnership mean to you?
- You enjoy the convenience of seeing Floating Hospital specialists closer to your home while still benefiting from the latest medical advancements and technologies offered by an Academic Medical Center.
- Lawrence General's talented physicians and clinical staff can consult with Floating Hospital physicians to enhance your child’s care.
- Your child receives the kind of compassionate care and personalized attention on which Floating Hospital prides itself.
- If your child has a particularly complex case, he or she can be quickly and easily transferred to Floating Hospital for highly-specialized care.
Learn more about our partnership >
Floating Hospital works with Lawrence General to provide the following services:
- Hospitalists: The pediatric hospitalist program ensures a pediatrician is always available at Lawrence General to care for your hospitalized child. Our hospitalists will also work with your child's pediatrician or family physician to coordinate care and ensure a smooth transfer upon release from the hospital.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine: Floating Hospital oversees the Lawrence General Maternal Fetal Medicine program, which offers genetic counseling and care for women with high-risk pregnancies. A vital service for women in the Merrimack Valley.
- Newborn Care: Our neonatologists have managed Lawrence General's Level II special care nursery since 1997. Keep your baby close to home while knowing he or she will receive expert treatment and monitoring.
- Pediatric Specialty Care: No need to drive into Boston for pediatric specialty care. Floating Hospital for Children experts in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Genetics, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery and Rheumatology are now available in at the Lawrence Pediatric Specialty Center.
About Lawrence General Hospital
Lawrence General Hospital is a private, non-profit community hospital providing the Merrimack Valley & southern New Hampshire regions with high quality, high value medical care for the whole family. For more than 135 years, the extremely dedicated doctors, nurses and staff of Lawrence General have been committed to strengthening our hospital and our community.