If you live in the MetroWest region, driving to Boston for medical appointments can be stressful and time-consuming. That's why pediatric specialists and other physicians from Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center travel out to MetroWest Medical Center (MWMC) in Framingham so that you can see the best experts in a convenient way.
What does this partnerships mean to you?
- Your family can enjoy the convenience of seeing Floating Hospital specialists closer to home while benefiting from the latest medical advancements and technologies that come from being an Academic Medical Center in Boston.
- MWMC's talented clinical staff can consult with our physicians to enhance your care
- You receive the kind of compassionate care and personalized attention on which Tufts MC prides itself.
- If you require advanced care only available at an academic medical center, you will be quickly and easily transferred to Floating Hospital for highly specialized care.
Tufts MC, Floating Hospital and MWMC work together to provide you with the services that you need most in the MetroWest area. Currently, we offer the following services:
- Cardiac Care: The Heart Center of MetroWest is an affiliate of the CardioVacular Center at Tufts Medical Center and is the largest cardiology group in the MetroWest area. Our cardiologists give patients access to the most cutting-edge cardiovascular services and treatments right in their community
- Hospitalists: Pediatric hospitalists oversee the care of children on Framingham Union's pediatric unit. These pediatric attending physicians coordinate your child's care, serving as the vital link between families, nursing staff, other doctors and the referring pediatrician.
- Newborn Care: Floating Hospital neonatologists oversee Framingham Union's Level IIB special care nursery to care for premature and sick infants around the clock. Keep your baby close to home while knowing he or she will receive expert treatment and monitoring.
About MetroWest Medical Center
MWMC is committed to meeting the health care needs of the MetroWest region by providing advanced care with a community touch. The 269-bed regional health care system includes:
- Framingham Union Hospital
- Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick
- The MetroWest Wellness Center, an outpatient diagnostic imaging and rehabilitation center