At Tufts Medical Center, the patient is at the center of everything that we do. Our core commitment is to provide the highest quality of care to the patient in a safe environment. It is important that we also include the patient’s family and caregivers in the patient’s care, recognizing the importance of their support as the patient journeys through their illness.
The safest care for our patients
We are committed to keeping our patients safe by adhering to strict standards and leading the way in new initiatives that ensure the safety of our patients. In order to meet our commitment we must:
- Encourage all patients and their families/caregivers to be a part of the patient-centered care we deliver
- Implement best practices to ensure the highest level of medication safety.
- Reduce the risk of patient falls. Preventing falls is one of our highest priorities in ensuring a safe visit for all of our patients.
- Prevent hospital acquired infections. Preventing infections is the goal of Tufts Medical Center’s Infection Prevention Program that is lead by highly experienced physicians and nurses.
- Ensure surgical safety. Tufts Medical Center has implemented multiple strategies to eliminate surgical complications.
- Encourage patients to be informed healthcare consumers by reviewing our quality performance.
Specialized, quality care
In providing the highest quality of care throughout the hospital, a number of our specialty services have been recognized for their excellence in quality. These services include:
- The Comprehensive Stroke Center at Tufts Medical Center is proud to report that for January–June 2020, 87% of our patients with strokes that underwent endovascular treatment had an excellent return of blood flow through the affected vessel. In addition, for January–June 2020, for our patients with strokes that received treatment with intravenous alteplase or tPA, there was a 0% rate of hemorrhagic complications.
- The Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program at Tufts Medical Center has earned a score of “5” from the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) in their latest outcome assessment study—making it the only Center in Massachusetts to receive the highest possible score.
- Our Blue Cross Blue Shield "Blue Distinction Centers" in Bariatric Surgery, Cardiac Care, Adult Heart Transplants, Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Maternity Services.
- Our Level I Trauma Centers for adult and pediatrics, Level 4 Epilepsy Center and Level III NiCU