Thank you for choosing Tufts Medical Center
To Pre-Register for a COVID Test
at our testing site location
View information in Chinese >
View information in Spanish >
View information in Vietnamese >
Please review the information below and follow the instructions provided:
In order to pre-register for a COVID Test at Tufts Medical Center, this form must be filled out and submitted in English.
If you require an interpreter to complete the form, and do not have someone who can assist you in doing so, Tufts MC will have interpreter services available on-site. Please come to our testing location and indicate the need for an interpreter. A member of our staff will complete the registration process with you in person with the help of an interpreter. If you require an interpreter, you do not have to complete the pre-registration form prior to your arrival in order to receive a COVID test at our testing site location.
To ensure your testing needs align with the service we currently offer, please review the expectations below prior to submitting this form.
Our standard operating hours are Monday through Saturday, 8:00AM to 6:00PM.
- We are closed on Sunday and Holidays.
- We do our best to accommodate every person that presents to our site, requesting a COVID test.
- We do not assign specific appointment times. We only allow pre-registration for testing on a specific date.
- Pre-registration helps minimize wait times and increases the number of people we are able to test each day.
- Please arrive as early as possible on the specific date you pre-register for your COVID test.
- We operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- We close our doors promptly at 6:00PM.
- If you pre-register and are waiting in our line prior to when we close, this does not guarantee you will be tested.
For guidance on when to submit a pre-registration form for testing to be administered on a specific day of the week, refer to the table below:
What to expect after you submit a pre-registration form on our website
Once you submit the pre-registration form, a "Thank You" confirmation page will display and acknowledge receipt of your submission.
Please print screen a picture of this confirmation page on your mobile phone or print a copy of it from your computer for supporting documentation.
When you arrive at our testing site location and check in with a member of our registration staff:
- Please have a legal form of identification and an insurance card as applies*, readily available
- Inform a member of our staff that you pre-registered online for your COVID test
*Please Note: Although the State of Massachusetts supports broad testing and has launched a Stop the Spread campaign, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as some private insurers, are no longer covering COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic persons with no known exposure to an infected individual. Individuals who are asymptomatic and have not been exposed to COVID-19 may still choose to be tested at our testing site location, but are encouraged to contact their insurance carrier to confirm coverage. If your insurance carrier does not cover a test, or you are not actively insured, the cost of the test is $135.
Presenting a legal form of identification and an insurance card as applies*, is strongly preferred at the point-of-service [testing].
If you pre-register and we are unable to accommodate you on your registered testing date, we will automatically reschedule you to the next business day of our testing site.
If you do not arrive at our testing site location on the date you pre-register for a COVID test/ get auto rescheduled to, we will cancel your account after our testing site closes on that day.
If your account is cancelled due to “no-show”, and you want to seek COVID testing at a future date, you will need to submit a new pre-registration form on our website.
For more information regarding Tufts Medical Center and our COVID testing site, please visit our website at: tuftsmedicalcenter.org/covidtesting
For information regarding your COVID test results, please visit our FAQ reference guide at: tuftsmedicalcenter.org/covidresults