The objective of this study is to demonstrate that the OptiScanner® can identify elevated and changing blood lactate levels in surgical ICU subjects.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a patient in a surgical ICU unit
- Have a Hct level >20% within 24 hours of enrollment
- Positive HcG (serum or urine) in women of child bearing potential who are not known to be surgically sterile and those that are obviously pregnant
- On peritoneal dialysis in the last week
- Currently receiving IVIG infusion
Study requires single blood draw, in amount of 35-45mL collected form patients in ICU from either existing central/arterial line or via venipuncture.