To determine if MGAH22 has sufficient activity in the population of breast cancer participants whose tumors exhibit 2+ HER2 oncoprotein expression and lacks HER2 gene amplification.
- Participants must have invasive carcinoma of the breast
- Adequate organ reserve including cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, hepatic functioning sufficient to undergo therapy.
- Participants who have had major surgery or trauma within four weeks before enrollment
- History within three months of enrollment of deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, or stroke.
- Any serious underlying medical condition that would impair the ability to receive or tolerate the planned treatment
Screening tests must be done within 4 weeks before participants receive the first dose of MGAH22. The tests will check their medical history and overall health and the tests will measure their disease with a CT scan.The test drug MGAH22 will be given once a week for 3 weeks on Days 1, 8, and 15 of each cycle. The study drug will be given through a thin plastic tube that is placed into the arm vein.Participants will have blood draws, CT scans and other exams as per protocol.