The study will investigate the nerve changes and tear protein levels in contact lens users with and without symptoms of dry eye, and patients with contact lens intolerance, and compare these individuals with neuropathic corneal pain and normal non-contact lens users without symptoms.
- Willing and able to commit and consent to in vitro confocal microscopy
- Daily contact lens wear experience and report a comfortable wearing time < 8 hours
- Previous contact lens wear but stopped due to discomfort symptoms arising int he first 6 hours of lens wear.
- History of ocular surgery or injury
- History of diabetes
- Use of topical or systemic anti-inflammatory therapy in the past 3 months
1 visit lasting approximately 60-90 minutes, will undergo eye imaging in both eyes.