Back to Results
CX-8998 for Absence Seizures
||A Phase 2a, Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Quantitative EEG Study of CX-8998 in Adolescents and Young Adults with Generalized Epileptic Syndromes with Absence Seizures
||Joel Oster, MD
This is a 9-week, phase 2a, multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study in young adults with generalized epileptic syndromes with absence seizures. The primary objective of the study is to determine the safety and tolerability of the study drug, CX-8998.
- Diagnosed with an epileptic syndrome with absence seizures.
- Absence seizures persisting despite trials with at least 2 standard anti-epileptic treatment.
- On a stable dose or one or more anti-epileptic medications for at least 30 days or not on any therapy.
- History of focal epilepsy for epileptiform patterns.
- History of surgical intervention for treatment of epilepsy.
- Inadequately treated psychotic or mood disorder or severe intellectual or developmental disorder.
Number of research visits: 3
Number of nurse home visits: 3
Length of participation: 9 weeks
Number of blood collections: 3