This is a multicenter clinical trial of a cross section of HIV+ patients with and without diastolic dysfunction. Approximately 200 HAART-treated virally suppressed HIV+ subjects (100 HIV+/DD+ & 100 HIV+/DD-) will be enrolled. Currently only accepted patients who have HIV and Diastolic Dysfunction. This study will evaluate biomarkers, phenomapping, metabolomics, cMRI, and echocardiography to determined characteristics unique to this patient population.
- On HAART for >6 months (HIV positive cohort only)
- History of adequate viral suppression as defined by HIV RNA level <200 copies/mL in the past 6 months
- LVEF >50%
- Comorbid inflammatory disease (e.g. RA or SLE)
- Chronic use of steroids or anti-inflammatory therapy
- Active in a clinical trial with investigational product
- Medical History
- Physical Exam
- Blood Draw
Research Visits: Usually 3 visits, however some are able do in two
Length of Participation: All Study procedures must be completed within 42 days from consenting.