The main purpose of this study is to test whether subjects with lung cancer, with specific changes in the tumor genes, benefit from getting study drug, MGCD265. Other objectives of the study include assessing the side effects of MGCD265 in subjects, and how much and how quickly drug is absorbed and cleared from the blood stream.
- Diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer
- Metastatic or locally advanced disease
- Test result showing genetic change in MET tumor gene
- Prior chemotherapy
- Prior treatment with inhibitor of MET or HGF
- Prior positive test for EGFR mutation or ALK gene rearrangement
- Uncontrolled tumor in the brain
This study will be carried in four groups of subjects based on the kind of changes identified in tumor genes. The tumor genes would be identified either in the tumor tissue or blood by a tumor gene test. MGCD265 will be administered orally, twice daily. During study participation, subjects will have physical exams, bloods draws, CT or MRI scans, EKGs, and other study procedures as required per protocol.