Back to Results
Access to Child Psychiatry Care
||An Innovative Model to Address Shortage of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Mood Disorders (Floating), Anxiety (Floating), Psychotic Disorders (Floating)
||Neha Sharma, DO
Our study will help us learn the amount of time our clinic takes to see referred patients. The goal is to see patients as soon as possible from time of referral to help decrease the wait time for a provider. Our study will also help us see how well our treatment model is working.
- Has a psychiatric diagnosis or symptoms that requires pharmacological treatment
- Currently receiving behavioral and school support
- In need of medication
- Acceptance of treatment model and clinic policies
- History of trauma
- History of post-traumatic stress disorder without other mental disorders
- Primary diagnosis of substance abuse treatment
You will come to clinic for an initial intake visit with a child and adolescent psychiatrist, which will last one hour. You will then have follow-up visits every two to three weeks with a child and adolescent psychiatrist. Each visit will be 30 minutes. At your first visit, you will be given a screening or rating tool related to your mental health disorder. Every three months, we will give you this same tool so we can see how will you are doing. At the last visit, we will inquire with you and your family about your satisfaction wiht the clinic. Three months after you last visit, we will check in with your current provider to see your progress.