Andrew Evens, DO was recently named the Director of the Tufts Cancer Center at Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Evens is an internationally respected hematology/oncology leader who has made a significant impact on the Tufts MC cancer services since joining us in August, 2013.
Previously, Dr. Evens was a faculty member at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester. He served in many capacities there, including: Director, Lymphoma Program, Division of Hematology/Oncology; Medical Director of the Cancer Research Office; and Deputy Director for Clinical and Translational Research for the UMass Medicine Cancer Center of Excellence. Prior to his appointments at UMass, Dr. Evens was Associate Professor of Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and a full member of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center.
His record of professional, administrative and scientific accomplishments make Dr. Evens well-suited to his new appointment at Tufts MC. His role will be to collaborate across Tufts University School of Medicine and Tufts Medical Center to:
- Build and support clinically robust cancer services at the Medical Center
- Recommend investments in programs, technology and manpower that make us more competitive in the city and region
- Continuously enhance our quality metrics and service to patients and referring physicians
- Recruit and retain top notch faculty to our clinical and research enterprises
- Support collaborative and successful research and academic programs through the Neely Center for Clinical Cancer Research, MORI, and our basic sciences programs and translational research endeavors
Congrats Dr. Evens!