Tufts Medical Center's Primary Care offices in Framingham, Quincy and Boston have all been recognized as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) with a Level III status from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This recognition lasts for 3 years and helps honor the important work that we've done to make sure each of our practices meets the requirements for a patient-centered medical home.
Requirements we met to receive this recognition include:
- Patients having ongoing relationships with personal physicians who are trained to provide first contact, continuous and comprehensive care.
- A team of physicians leads the practice and take responsibility for ongoing care of patients.
- The physicians provide all of their patient's primary care and arrange for specialty care when needed.
- Care is coordinated across a health system
- Strong quality and safety
- Patients are able to schedule appointments easily and quickly
Congrats to our Primary Care teams who have worked so hard to make their offices as patient-friendly and patient-centered as possible!