Back to Results
Alison B. Callahan, MD
Ophthalmologist; Oculoplastics Specialist; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Oculofacial plastic surgery
Seeing Patients In
||Lower eyelid festoons, orbital tumors and malformations, thyroid eye disease, additive manufacturing in medicine (3D printing)
|Training + Education
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons; Harvard University (Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary); ASOPRS Combined New York City Fellowship (Columbia, Cornell, New York University, Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital)
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 11th Floor
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-0759
Phone #: 617-636-4600
New England Eye Center - Brighton at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
11 Nevins Street
Brighton, MA 02135
Fax #: 617-783-0734
Phone #: 617-783-5050
2015, Awarded Bartley R. Frueh Award for Best YASOPRS Presentation, ASOPRS Fall Symposium
2010, Awarded Alpha Omega Alpha Membership
2010, Awarded Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Award for women students graduating in the top 10% of their Columbia University medical school class
2005, Awarded Phi Beta Kappa Membership
2005, Awarded Sigma Xi Membership
2005, Academic All-Ivy Award: One of five varsity women athletes honored annually for academic excellence at Princeton University
1. Callahan, AB, Campbell AC, Petris C, Kazim, M. Low Cost 3D Printing Orbital Implant Templates in Secondary Orbital Reconstructions. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg (under revision).
2. Callahan, AB, Meyers, PM, Garrity, JA, Son, JH, Petris, C, Kazim, M. Low Flow Arterialized-Venous Malformations of the Orbit. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016 Jun 14: Epub ahead of print.
3. Callahan, AB, Lisman, RD. “Complications of Blepharoplasty.” Compendium of Oculofacial, Orbital and Lacrimal Surgery. Ed. AJ Cohen, MD. Springer-Verlag. In Press.
4. Callahan, AB, Lisman, RD. “Lower Eyelid Retraction after Aesthetic Eyelid Surgery.” Problems in Oculoplastic Surgery: A repair manual. Ed. Foad Nahai, MD. CRC Press. In Press
5. Callahan, AB, Yoon MK. Intraorbital foreign bodies: retrospective chart review and review of literature. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2013 Fall;53(4):157-65.
6. Callahan, AB, Yoon MK. Infantile hemangiomas: a review. Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology 2012; 26: 283–291.
Alison Callahan, MD, is available for consultation in surgery of the eyelids, orbit and lacrimal (tear drainage) system. Her surgical interests include eyelid reconstruction due to malposition or after skin cancer removal, orbital tumors and reconstructions, and lacrimal system disorders in adult and pediatric populations. She is also available for an aesthetic consultation in cosmetic eyelid surgery or minimally invasive facial rejuvenation including Botox and filler treatments.
Dr. Callahan completed her subspecialty fellowship training in Manhattan at Columbia, Cornell, New York University and Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital, training under several leaders in the fields of aesthetic oculofacial and orbital surgery.
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery