Back to Results
Andre J. Witkin, MD
Ophthalmologist; Retina Specialist; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Vitreoretinal surgery, retinal and macular disorders including: macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular disease, central serous chorioretinopathy, retinal detachment, macular holes and puckers, posterior segment uveitis, ocular trauma, complications of eye surgery, intraocular lens replacement, and implementation of retinal prosthesis (Argus II)
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Retinal imaging, treatment of exudative and non-exudative age-related macular degeneration, treatment of central serous chorioretinopathy, toxicity, side effects of intraocular medications
|Training + Education
Weill Cornell Medical College; Tufts Medical Center; Wills Eye Institute
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
New England Eye Center - Boston
800 Washington St., #450
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-4600
Fax #: 617-636-4866
2017, Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
2017, Honor Award, American Society of Retina Specialists
Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Clinical Management. Editors: Andre J. Witkin and Jay S. Duker. Slack, Inc, Thorofare, NJ. 2014.
1. Vancomycin-Associated Hemorrhagic Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis: Clinical Characteristics of 36 Eyes.
Witkin AJ, Chang DF, Jumper JM, Charles S, Eliott D, Hoffman RS, Mamalis N, Miller KM, Wykoff CC.
Ophthalmology. 2017 May;124(5):583-595.
2. Alternating Bi-Weekly Intravitreal Ranibizumab and Bevacizumab for Refractory Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration with Pigment Epithelial Detachment. Witkin AJ, Rayess N, Garg SJ, Maguire JI, Storey P, Kaiser RS, Hsu J, Vander JF, Ho AC.
Semin Ophthalmol. 2017;32(3):309-315.
3. CORRELATION OF SPECTRAL DOMAIN OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHY ANGIOGRAPHY AND CLINICAL ACTIVITY IN NEOVASCULAR AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION. Liang MC, de Carlo TE, Baumal CR, Reichel E, Waheed NK, Duker JS, Witkin AJ. Retina. 2016 Dec;36(12):2265-2273.
4. Visualization of the Retinal Vasculature Using Wide-Field Montage Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography. de Carlo TE, Salz DA, Waheed NK, Baumal CR, Duker JS, Witkin AJ. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2015 Jun;46(6):611-6.
5. Postoperative Hemorrhagic Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis: Expanding the Clinical Spectrum and Possible Association with Vancomycin. Witkin AJ, Shah AR, Engstrom RE, Kron-Gray MM, Baumal CR, Johnson MW, Witkin DI, Leung J, Albini TA, Moshfeghi AA, Batlle IR, Sobrin L, Eliott D. Ophthalmology. 2015 Jul;122(7):1438-51.
6. A prospective pilot study of intravitreal aflibercept for the treatment of chronic central serous chorioretinopathy: the CONTAIN study. Pitcher JD 3rd, Witkin AJ, DeCroos FC, Ho AC. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Jun;99(6):848-52.
7. Enhanced vitreous imaging in healthy eyes using swept source optical coherence tomography.
Andre J. Witkin, MD is the Director of Clinical Research at New England Eye Center. Recently, he was the lead author of an article on a newly identified syndrome called Hemorrhagic Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis, or HORV.
American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Retina Specialists
ASRS Research in Safety and Therapeutics Committee, member Retina Society
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
New England Ophthalmological Society
Dr. Witkin loves spending time with his two young daughters, and strives to have as much time with them as possible. An avid downhill skier, he skis locally whenever he has time, and tries to go out west to ski once a year. He is a New England Patriots fan.