Back to Results
Annette Hanson, MD, MBA
Vice-Chair, Public Sector Psychiatry; Attending Psychiatrist; Assistant Clinical Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Adult psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychotherapy
Seeing Patients In
||Pharmaco-economics, healthcare system development and implementation, development of clinical workforce models, outcome studies in special populations
|Training + Education
University of Minnesota Medical School; The Cambridge Hospital; Tufts Medical Center; Northeastern University
Tufts Medical Center
Pratt Building, 3rd Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-4852
Phone #: 617-636-4781
2006, Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
2000, Distinguished Alumni Award, Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minnesota
1992, President’s Award, Fuller Memorial Hospital, South Attleboro, MA
1992, Certificate of Appreciation, Department of Mental Health, Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
1985, Certificate of Commendation, Bay Cove Mental Health and Mental Retardation Area Board
1. Hanson, M.A., Stone, E.L., Penk, W.E., Flannery, R.B., Jr., Goldfinger, S.M., Public-Academic Liaison Research Centers in an Era of Managed Care. Psychiatric Quarterly, 1998:69(1): 61-69.
2. Hanson, M.A., Pharmaoeconomics of Schizophrenia in the 21st Century. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 1998. 59 (supplement).
3. Hanson, M.A., Flanders, D., “Adapting to Managed Behavioral Health Care for Older Adults: A Practitioners Perspective”, Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 1999. XXXII (1): 75-82.
4. Penk, W.E., Flannery, R.B., Jr., Irwin, Geller, J., Fisher, William, and Hanson, M.A., Character of Substance Abusing Persons with Schizophrenia: The Paradox of the Dually Diagnosed. Journal of Addictive Diseases 2000, Vol. 19, pp. 23-30
5. Hanson, A., Dickey, Barbara, Normand, Sharon-LiseT., Drake, Robert, Weiss, Roger, D., Azeni, Hocine, “Limiting Inpatient Substance Use Treatment: What are the consequences?”, Medical Care Research and Review.