Back to Results
Ashtar Chami, MD
Accepting New Patients
Medical Director, Kidney Transplant; Nephrologist
Department + Services
Surgery, Kidney Transplant
Clinical Focus Areas
Research Focus Areas
My research has focused predominantly in 3 areas: weaning immunosuppression in failing allograft, looking both at retrospective data and prospective data (E-Test Trial), outcomes in polycystic kidney disease patients, and transplant outcomes in Belatacept population of patients.
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Medical School: McGill University;
Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
Fellowship School Name: Clinical Nephrology Fellowship, Cornell University; Transplant Fellowship, Emory University
||American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Nephrology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Tufts Children's Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, Floor 4
860 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5592
Abstract Presentations at National/International, Regional, and Institutional Conferences:
National and International:
1. Chami A, Mittal A, Chapman AB. Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease. A Single Center Experience. American Transplant Society, Seattle 2013.
2. Rao S, Bray R, Perez S, Pastan S, Gebel H, Chami A. Gradual vs Rapid Withdrawal of Immunosuppression after Kidney Allograft Failure Results in Less Allosensitization, Decreased Rate of De-Novo Donor Specific Antibody and Reduced Need for Allograft Nephrectomy. American Transplant Society, Seattle 2013.
3. Tantisattamo E, Chami A, Pastan S. Pulmonary Nocardiosis and PCP Pneumonia. Dual Infection in a Kidney Transplant Recipient. American Society of Nephrology, Atlanta 2013.
4. Mittal A, Chami A, Chapman AB.Nephrectomy and Renal Transplantation in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease. American Society of Nephrology Atlanta 2013.
5. Mittal A, Chami A, Chapman AB. Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease. A risk factor of New Onset Diabetes after Transplantation? American Society of Nephrology Atlanta 2013.
6. Tantisattamo, E, Chami A. Pneumonia mimicking perforated acute appendicitis in a Kidney Transplant Recipient. National Kidney Foundation Meeting, Orlando 2013.
Published and Accepted Research Articles:
1. Webber A, Hambleton J, Chami, A, Bang H, Seshan S, Sharma A, August P, Kapur S, Suthanthiran M, Dadahania D. Mean arterial blood pressure while awaiting kidney transplantation is associated with the risk of primary nonfunction. Transplantation. 2012 Jan 15; 93(1)54-60.
2. Adams AB, Goldstein J, Garret C, Zhang R, Patzer RE, Newell KA, Turgeon NA, Chami AS, Guasch A, Kirk AD, Pastan SO, Pearson TC, Larsen CP. Belatacept Combined with Transient Calcineurin Inhibitor Therapy Prevents Rejection and Promotes Improved Long-Term Renal Allograft Function. American Journal of Transplantation. 2017. May 23 Epub.
1. Andrew Adams, Ashtar Chami, and Kenneth Newell. Techniques for Living Donor Kidney Procurement. Kirk Textbook of Organ Transplantation
2012- Present, Transplantation Society
2010- Present, American Society of Transplantation
2007- 2010, American Society of Nephrology