Floating Hospital for Children
Floating Hospital, 3rd Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5067
Fax #: 617-636-2354
Pediatric Specialty Center – Brockton
210 Quincy Avenue
Brockton, MA 02302
Phone #: 508-232-6465
Fax #: 508-586-5673
2016, Speaker, Boston Children’s Hospital Grand Rounds, Boston, MA
2015, Speaker, International Women’s Forum, Boston, MA
2015, Brandeis University Global Youth Summit Speaker, Boston, MA
2015, AAP/ACC/AHA Task Force on Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Training
2007, Henry Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute
1. Robinson J, McElhinney DB, Bacha E, Marshall AC. The evolving role of intraoperative balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty in valve-sparing repair of tetralogy of Fallot. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg JTCVS, 2011; 142: 1367-73.
2. Bergersen L, Gauvreau K, McElhinney D, Fenwick S, Kirshner D, Harding J, Hickey P, Mayer J, Marshall A. Capture of complexity of specialty care in pediatric cardiology by work RVU measures. Pediatrics 2013; 131: 258-67.
3. Esch JJ, Shah PB, Cockrill BA, Farber HW, Landzberg MJ, Mehra MR, Mullen MP, Opotowsky AR, Waxman AB, Lock JE, Marshall AC. Transcatheter Potts shunt creation in patients with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension: Initial clinical experience. J Heart Lung Transplant 2013; 32: 381-7.
4. Buber J, Lock JE, Landzberg MJ, Marshall AC. Bloodstream infections occurring in patients with percutaneously-implanted bioprosthetic pulmonary valve: A single center experience. Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2013; 6: 301-10.
5. Hallbergsen A, Lock JE, Marshall AC. Frequency of and risk of in-stent stenosis following pulmonary artery stenting. American Journal of Cardiology 2014; 113:541-545.
6. Kalish B, Tworetzky W, Benson CB, Wilkins-Haug L, Mizrahi-Arnaud A, McElhinney DB, Lock JE, Marshall AC. Technical challenges of atrial septal stent placement in fetuses with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2014; 84: 77-85.
7. Porras D, Brown DW, Rathod R, Friedman K, Gauvreau K, Lock JE, Esch JJ, Bergersen L, Marshall AC. Acute outcomes after introduction of a standardized clinical assessment and management plan (SCAMP) for balloon aortic valvuloplasty in congenital aortic stenosis. Congenit Heart Disease 2014; 9: 316-325.
8. Eastaugh L, Hainstock M, Thiagarajan R, Marshall AC. Percutaneous left atrial decompression in patients supported with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for cardiac disease. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2015; 16: 59-65.
9. Bentham JR, Baird CW, Porras DP, Rathod RH, Marshall AC. A reinforced right-ventricle-to-pulmonary-artery conduit for the Stage 1 Norwood procedure improves pulmonary artery growth. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2015; 149:1502-8.
10. Callahan R, Bergersen L, Baird CW, Porras D, Esch JJ, Lock JE, Marshall AC. Mechanism of valve failure and efficacy of reintervention through catheterization in patients with brioprosthetic valves in the pulmonary position. Ann Pediatr Cardio 2017; 10: 11-17.
Audrey C. Marshall, MD is the Chief of Pediatric Cardiology at Floating Hospital for Children. She is an international expert in procedures that diagnose and treat pediatric heart disease. Dr. Marshall has helped develop new devices that replace valves in children with congenital disorders and has pioneered techniques that allow for the correction of heart defects on tiny babies while still in their mother’s womb.
Dr. Marshall partners with Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiac Surgery Director Dennis Mello, MD to lead the Pediatric Cardiology team. Together, they provide the vision and mentorship for the Floating Hospital clinical cardiac program.
In her spare time, Dr. Marshall enjoys reading both fiction and non-fiction, cooking and traveling with her family. She has lived in Milton for the last 17 years, and is married with three children, who are now teenagers.
American College of Cardiology
American Heart Association
New England Congenital Cardiology Association
Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions