Back to Results
Ayan R. Patel, MD
Director, Cardiovascular Imaging and Hemodynamic Laboratory; Director, Women's Heart Center; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Echocardiography, heart failure, women's heart disease
Seeing Patients In
Don't see an appointment time? Request directly with the clinic.
|Programs + Specialties
||Echocardiographic evaluation of patients with cardiomyopathy/heart failure, factors affecting vascular function in patients with heart failure and in cardiac transplant recipients, effect of gender on vascular function
|Training + Education
Boston University School of Medicine; Boston University Medical Center; Tufts Medical Center
||Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 6th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-8070
Phone #: 617-636-2273
Charlton Research Award
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
1. Patel AR, Kuvin JT, Pandian NG et al. Heart Failure Etiology Affects Peripheral Vascular Endothelial Function After Cardiac Transplantation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001;37: 195-200.
2. Patel AR, Kuvin JT, DeNofrio D et al. Peripheral Vascular Endothelial Function Correlates With Exercise Capacity in Cardiac Transplant Recipients. Am J Cardiol 2003; 91: 897-9.
3. Mieres JH, Shaw LJ. Arai A, Budoff M, Hundley G, Flamm SD, Marwick TH, Mosca L, Patel AR, Quinones MA, Redberg RF, Taubert K, Thomas G, Wenger N. American Heart Association Consensus Statement: Role of Noninvasive Testing in the Clinical Evaluation of Women With Known or Suspected Coronary Artery Disease. Circulation 2005; 111: 682-696.
4. Patel AR, Kuvin JT, Sliney KA et al. Gender-Based Differences in Brachial Artery Flow-Mediated Vasodilation as an Indicator of Significant Coronary Artery Disease. Am J Cardiol 2005; 96:1223-1226.
5. Endo Y, Maddukuri PV, Vieira MLC, Pandian NG, Patel AR. Quantification of Right Ventricular Volumes and Function by Real-Time Three-Dimensional Echocardiographic Longitudinal Axial Plane Method: Validation in the Clinical Setting. Echocardiography 2006; 23: 666-80.
American Heart Association
American College of Cardiology
American Society of Echocardiography
Heart Failure Society of America