CardioVascular Center for Research and Innovation (CVCRI)
Back to Results
Benjamin S. Wessler, MD
Director, Valve Center; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Clinical Focus Areas
Non-invasive cardiology, echocardiography
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-2273
Fax #: 617-636-5913
Tufts Medical Center Specialty Center - Quincy
1690 Crown Colony Drive
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone #: 857-403-4600
Fax #: 617-364-7363
1. Wessler BS, Ruthazer R, Udelson JE, Gheorghiade M, Zannad F, Maggioni A, Konstam MA, Kent DM. Regional Validation and Recalibration of Clinical Predictive Models for Patients with Acute Heart Failure. In Press, Journal American Heart Association.
2. Ellis AG, Trikalinos, TA, Wessler BS, Wong, JB, Dahabreh IJ, Propensity Score-based Methods in Comparative Effectiveness Research on Coronary Artery Disease. In Press, American Journal of Epidemiology.
3. Annamalai SK, Buiten L, Esposito ML, Paruchuri V, Mullin A, Breton C, Pedicini R, O’Kelly R, Morine K, Wessler B, Patel AR, Kiernan MS, Karas RH, Kapur NK. Acute Hemodynamic Effects of Intra-aortic Balloon Counterpulsation Pumps in Advanced Heart Failure. J Card Fail. 2017.
4. Paulus JK, Wessler BS, Lundquist C, et al. Field Synopsis of Sex in Clinical Prediction Models for Cardiovascular Disease. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2016;9(1):S8–15.
5. Wessler BS, Kent DM, Thaler DE, Ruthazer R, Lutz JS, Serena J. The RoPE Score and Right-to-Left Shunt Severity by Transcranial Doppler in the CODICIA Study. Cerebrovasc Dis 2015;40(1-2):52–8.
6. Wessler BS, Lai Yh L, Kramer W, et al. Clinical Prediction Models for Cardiovascular Disease: Tufts Predictive Analytics and Comparative Effectiveness Clinical Prediction Model Database. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2015.
7. Wessler BS, Udelson JE. Neuronal Dysfunction and Medical Therapy in Heart Failure: Can an Imaging Biomarker Help to “Personalize” Therapy? J Nucl Med 2015;56(Supplement_4):20S – 24S.
8. Wessler BS, Thaler DE, Ruthazer R, et al. Transesophageal echocardiography in cryptogenic stroke and patent foramen ovale: analysis of putative high-risk features from the risk of paradoxical embolism database. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2014;7(1):125–31.
9. Link MS, Luttmann-Gibson H, Schwartz J, et al. Reply: Triggering of cardiac arrhythmias: the problem of multicollinearity among air pollution and meteorological factors. J Am Coll Cardiol 2014;63(12):1227–8.
10. Wessler BS, Kramer DG, Kelly JL, et al. Drug and device effects on peak oxygen consumption, 6-minute walk distance, and natriuretic peptides as predictors of therapeutic effects on mortality in patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction. Circ Heart Fail 2011;4(5):578–88.
1. Aortic Stenosis With Additional Obstruction. 64th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American College of Cardiology. Saturday, March 14, 2015, San Diego, California.
2. Moderate-Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a Patient Undergoing Bypass Surgery. 65th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American College of Cardiology. Saturday, April 2nd, 2016, Chicago, Illinois.