Locations + Directions
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 7th Floor
800 Washington Street
Box 245 Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6227
Fax #: 617-636-8538
Honors + Awards
2015, Clinical Research Training Institute Award, American Society of Hematology
2010, Bayer Research Award, Thrombosis Interest Group of Canada
2010, Internal Medicine Resident Research Award, McGill University
2010, 2nd Place Resident Research Competition, McGill University
Publications + National Presentations
Varga C, Xie W, Laubach J, Ghobrial IM, O’Donnell E, Weinstock M, Paba-Prada C, Warren D, Maglio ME, Schlossman R, Munshi NC, Raje N, Weller E, Anderson KC, Mitsiades CS, Richardson PG. Development of extramedullary myeloma in the era of novel agents: no evidence of increased risk with lenalidomide-bortezomib combinations. Br J Haematol. 2015 Jun;169(6):843-50.
2. Varga C, , Holcroft C, Kezouh A, Bucatel S, Johnson N, Petrogiannis-Haliotis T, Assouline S. A population-based study of diffuse large B cell lymphoma comparing outcomes of patients aged 80 and over to younger patients. Leukemia & Lymphoma. 2014 Mar;55(3):533-7.
3. Varga C, Al-Touri S, Papadoukakis S, Caplan S, Kahn S, Blostein M. The effectiveness and safety of fixed low-dose prothrombin complex concentrates in patients requiring urgent reversal of warfarin. Transfusion. 2013 Jul;53(7):1451-8
4. Varga C, Maglio M, Laubach J, Paba-Prada C, Schlossman R, Ghobrial I, Anderson K, Richardson P. Monoclonal Antibodies in the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma. (under publication 2016, BJH)
5. Varga C, Laubach JP, Paba-Prada CE, Maglio M, Hideshima T, Chauhan D, Anderson KC, Richardson PG. Emerging Cell Cycle Inhibitors for the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma. (under revision 2016, BJH)
6. Varga C, Laubach J, Hideshima T, Chauhan D, Anderson KC, Richardson PG. Novel Targeted Agents in the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2014 Oct;28(5):903-25.
7. Guidetti A, Paba Prada C, Laubach J, Varga C, Maglio M, Schlossman R, Ghobrial I, Munshi N, Anderson K, Richardson P. Pomalidomide for the Treatment of Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma. Expert Opinion in Orphan Drugs; October 2014, Vol. 2, No. 10 : Pages 1089-1108.
8. Laubach J, Faber Jr E, Voorhees P, Moslehi J,Varga C, Niculescu L, Anderson K, Richardson P. The challenge of cross-trial comparisons using limited data. Haematologica. 2014 Aug;99(8):e145-6.
9. Varga C, Paba-Prada C, Richardson P, Anderson K. Prognostic Markers & Frontline Therapy in Symptomatic Multiple Myeloma. Expert Clinical Perspective: Controversies and Uncertainties in Diagnosis & Management of Cancer 2014.
10. Arun M, Brauneis D, Ruberg FL, Shelton AC, Sloan JM, Quillen K, Sanchorawala V, Varga C. Incidence of Atrial Fibrillation Among Patients Undergoing High-Dose Melphalan and Stem Cell Transplantation: Experience at a Single Institution (Blood 2015; 126:5490, to be presented at the International Society of Amyloidosis Symposium in Sweden, July 2016).
Cindy Varga, MD has clinical and research experience treating an array of hematologic malignancies including acute and chronic leukemia, lymphoma, and plasma cell dyscrasias. Under the mentorship of Dr. Ray Comenzo, Dr. Varga will focus her clinical expertise and research efforts in the field of multiple myeloma and AL amyloidosis at Tufts MC. In addition to ambulatory clinics, her clinical responsibilities will include attending on the Hematology/Oncology inpatient consult service, as well as on the inpatient hematology wards.
Dr. Varga received her medical degree in 2007 from the University of Montreal, and then went on to complete her training in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Hematology at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. She also completed an advanced fellowship with a focus in multiple myeloma at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Prior to joining Tufts MC, Dr. Varga was Assistant Professor of Medicine at Boston University and a full-time Hematology/Oncology faculty member at Boston Medical Center since 2014. Dr. Varga is ABIM certified in Internal Medicine and has her FRCPC in both Internal Medicine and Hematology.
When Dr. Varga's not in her white lab coat, she is often training for some sort of event, whether that be a half marathon, a bike-a-thon or a triathlon. She also loves painting and doing theater.
American Society of Hematology
News, Media + Videos