Back to Results
Dana C. Miskulin, MD, MS
Nephrologist; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD), dialysis, home dialysis, general nephrology, chronic kidney disease (CKD), diabetic kidney disease, glomerular disease, vasculitis, hypertension, cardiovascular disease in patients with kidney disease, acute kidney disease, acute kidney injury and kidney stones
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Queens University School of Medicine, Canada; Tufts Medical Center; University of Calgary, Canada
||Internal Medicine, Nephrology
Tufts Medical Center
35 Kneeland St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-2369
Phone #: 617-636-5866
1. Tangri N, Tighiouart H, Meyer KB, Miskulin DC. Both patient and facility contribute to achieving the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ pay-for-performance target for dialysis adequacy. J Am Soc Nephrol 2011; 22:2296-2302. Epub 2011 Oct 24.
2. Weiner DE, Miskulin DC. Anemia management in chronic kidney disease: bursting the hemoglobin bubble. Ann Intern Med 2010;153(1):53-5.
3. Nadir hemoglobin levels after discontinuation of epoetin in hemodialysis patients. Clin J. Am Soc Nephrol 2010; 5:1621-7.
4. Myers OB, Adams C, Rohrscheib MR, Servilla KS, Miskulin D, Bedrick EJ, Zager PG. Age, race, diabetes, blood pressure, and mortality among hemodialysis patients. J Am Soc Nephrol 2010;21:1970-8.
5. Gabbay E, Meyer KB, Griffith JL, Richardson MM, Miskulin DC: Secular trends in health-related quality of life among patients starting hemodialysis in the United States Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2010;5:261-7.
6. Tangri N, Moorthi R, Tighiouhart H, Meyer KB, Miskulin DC. Variation in fistula use across dialysis facilities: Is it explained by case-mix? Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2010;5:307-13.
7. Chapman AB, Torres VE, Perrone RD, Steinman TI, Bae KT, Miller JP, Miskulin DC, Rahbari Oskoui F, Masoumi A, Hogan MC, Winklhofer FT, Braun W, Thompson PA, Meyers CM, Kelleher C, Schrier RW. The HALT polycystic kidney disease trials: design and implementation. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2010;5:102-9.
8. Miskulin DC, Bragg-Gresham J, Gillepsie BW, Tentori F, Pisoni RL, Levey AS, Port FK. Key comorbid conditions that are predictive of survival among hemodialysis patients. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2009;4:1818-26.
9. Miskulin DC, Weiner DE, Tighiouart H, Ladik V, Servilla K, Zager PG, Martin A, Johnson HK, Meyer KB, Medical Directors of Dialysis Clinic Inc. Computerized decision support for EPO dosing in hemodialysis patients. Am J Kidney Dis 2009;54:1081-8.
10. Wald R, Sarnak MJ, Tighiouart H, Cheung AK, Levey AS, Eknoyan G, Miskulin DC. Disordered mineral metabolism in hemodialysis patients: an analysis of cumulative effects in the Hemodialysis (HEMO) Study. Am J Kidney Dis 2008;52(3):531-40.
Dr. Miskulin's clinical interests are in general nephrology, polycystic kidney disease and kidney stones.
Dr. Miskulin's research focuses on comorbidity in chronic kidney disease. Dr. Miskulin's research includes blood pressure in hemodialysis patients, anemia management, vitamin D supply in hemodialysis patients and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Dr. Miskulin directs the DCI Comorbidity Assessment Project.