Back to Results
David R. Stone, MD
Attending Physician; Co-Director of the Mycobacteria Treatment Clinic; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Focus Areas
HIV treatment, tuberculosis and atypical mycobacteria care
Research Focus Areas
Adherence to HIV medication
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 3rd Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-7010
Fax #: 617-636-7100
2011, Clinician Educator Leadership Award, Tufts Medical School
2008, Attending of the Year (presented by Infectious Disease fellows at Tufts Medical Center)
2003-2004 and 2004-2005, Excellence in Teaching Citation, Third year medicine clerkship, Tufts University School of Medicine
2000, Oliver Smith Award, New England Medical Center
2000, Community Recognition Award, AIDS Action Committee, Boston, MA
1982, Alpha Omega Alpha, Tufts University School of Medicine
1. Patronela Ancuta1, Anupa Kamat, Kevin J. Kunstman, Eun-Young Kim, Patrick Autissier, Alysse Wurcel, Tauheed Zaman, David Stone, Megan Mefford, Susan Morgello, Elyse J. Singer, Steven M. Wolinsky, Dana Gabuzda. Microbial Translocation is Associated with Increased Monocyte Activation and Dementia in AIDS Patients. PLoS One. 3(6) e2516, 2008, June.
2. McGovern BH. Birch C. Zaman MT. Bica I. Stone D. Quirk JR. Davis B. Zachary K. Basgoz N. Graeme-Cook F. Gandhi RT. Managing symptomatic drug-induced liver injury in HIV-hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients: a role for interferon. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 45(10):1386-92, 2007 Nov 15.
3. Ancuta P. Autissier P. Wurcel A. Zaman T. Stone D. Gabuzda D. CD16+ monocyte-derived macrophages activate resting T cells for HIV infection by producing CCR3 and CCR4 ligands. Journal of Immunology. 176(10):5760-71, 2006 May 15.
4. Ancuta P. Kunstman KJ. Autissier P. Zaman T. Stone D. Wolinsky SM. Gabuzda D. CD16+ monocytes exposed to HIV promote highly efficient viral replication upon differentiation into macrophages and interaction with T cells. Virology. 344(2):267-76, 2006 Jan 20.
5. Kavanagh DG. Kaufmann DE. Sunderji S. Frahm N. Le Gall S. Boczkowski D. Rosenberg ES. Stone DR. Johnston MN. Wagner BS. Zaman MT. Brander C. Gilboa E. Walker BD. Bhardwaj N. Expansion of HIV-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells by dendritic cells transfected with mRNA encoding cytoplasm- or lysosome-targeted Nef. Blood. 107(5):1963-9, 2006 Mar 1.
6. Wurcel A. Zaman T. Zhen S. Stone D. Acceptance of HIV antibody testing among inpatients and outpatients at a public health hospital: a study of rapid versus standard testing. AIDS Patient Care & Stds. 19(8):499-505, 2005 Aug
7. Yu XG. Addo MM. Perkins BA. Wej F. Rathod A. Geer SC. Parta M. Cohen D. Stone DR. Russell CJ. Tanzi G. Mei S. Wurcel AG. Frahm N. Lichterfeld M. Heath L. Mullins JI. Marincola F. Goulder PJ. Brander C. Allen T. Cao Y. Walker BD. Altfeld M. Differences in the expressed HLA class I alleles effect the differential clustering of HIV type 1-specific T cell responses in infected Chinese and caucasians. AIDS Research & Human Retroviruses. 20(5):557-64, 2004 May.
8. Frahm N. Korber BT. Adams CM. Szinger JJ. Draenert R. Addo MM. Feeney ME. Yusim K. Sango K. Brown NV. SenGupta D. Piechocka-Trocha A. Simonis T. Marincola FM. Wurcel AG. Stone DR. Russell CJ. Adolf P. Cohen D. Roach T. StJohn A. Khatri A. Davis K. Mullins J. Goulder PJ. Walker BD. Brander C. Consistent cytotoxic-T-lymphocyte targeting of immunodominant regions in human immunodeficiency virus across multiple ethnicities. Journal of Virology. 78(5):2187-200, 2004 Mar.
9. Lichterfeld M. Kaufmann DE. Yu XG. Mui SK. Addo MM. Johnston MN. Cohen D. Robbins GK. Pae E. Alter G. Wurcel A. Stone D. Rosenberg ES. Walker BD. Altfeld M. Loss of HIV-1-specific CD8+ T cell proliferation after acute HIV-1 infection and restoration by vaccine-induced HIV-1-specific CD4+ T cells. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 200(6):701-12, 2004 Sep 20.
10. Rika Draenert, Marcus Altfeld,ChristianBrander,NesliBasgoz, Colleen
Corcoran, Alysse G. Wurcel, David R. Stone, Spyros A. Kalams, Alicja Trocha, Marylyn M. Addo Comparison of overlapping peptide sets for detection of antiviral CD8 and CD4 T cell responses, Journal of Immunological Methods, Volume 275 (1-2); 19-29, 2003.