Back to Results
Elizabeth M Genega, MD
Accepting New Patients
Chief, Anatomic Pathology ; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Clinical Focus Areas
General surgical pathology, genitourinary pathology, general oncologic pathology
Research Focus Areas
Renal cell carcinoma, prostate carcinoma
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5829
Fax #: 617-636-8302
2008, Certificate of Merit for Scientific Abstract , United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
2005, 2009, 2012, Golden Microscope Award for Excellence in Teaching, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
1. Genega EM, Ghebremichael M, Najarian R, Fu Y, Wang Y, Argani P, Grisanzio C, Signoretti S. Carbonic anhydrase IX expression in renal neoplasms: correlation with tumor type and grade. Am J Clin Path. 2010; 134:873-879.
2. Khurd P, Bahlmann C, Maday P, Kamen A, Gibbs-Strauss S, Genega EM, Frangioni JV. Computer-aided Gleason grading of prostate cancer histopathological images using texton forests. Proc IEEE Int Symp Biomed Imaging. 2010; 17; 14-17 April 2010: 636-639.
3. Toth R, Bloch N, Genega EM, Rofsky NM, Lenkinski RE, Rosen MA, Kalyanpur A, Pungavkar S, Madabhushi A. Accurate prostate volume estimation using multi-feature active shape models on T2-weighted MRI . Acad Radiol. 2011; 18: 745-54
4. Xiao G, Bloch BN, Chappelow J, Genega EM, Rofsky NM, Lenkinski RE, Tomaszewski J, Feldman MD, Rosen M, Madabhushi A. Determining histology-MRI slice correspondence for defining MRI-based disease signatures of prostate cancer. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2011; 35:568-578.
5. Viswanath SE, Bloch NB, Chappelow JC, Toth R, Rofsky NM, Genega EM, Lenkinski RE, Madabhushi A. Central gland and peripheral zone prostate tumors have significantly different quantitative imaging signatures on 3 Tesla endorectal, in vivo T2-weightes imagery. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012; 36: 213-224.
6. Bloch BN, Genega EM, Costa DN, Pedrosa I, Smith MP, Kressel HY, Ngo L, Sanda, MG, Dewolf WC, Rofsky NM. Prediction of prostate cancer extracapsular extension with high spatial resolution dynamic contrast-enhanced 3-T MRI. Eur Radiol. 2012; 22: 2201-2210.
7. Rosenkrantz AB, Sekhar A, Genega EM, Melamed J, Babb JS, Patel AD, Lo A, Najarian RM, Ahmed M, Pedrosa I. Prognostic implications of the magnetic resonance imaging phenotype in papillary renal cell carcinoma. European Radiology. 2013; 23:579-587.
8. Hindman N, Ngo L, Genega EM, Melamed J, Wei J, Braza JM, Rofsky NM, Pedrosa I. Angiomyolipoma with minimal fat: can it be differentiated from clear cell renal cell carcinoma by using standard MR techniques? Radiology. 2012; 265: 468-477.
9. Lanzman RS, Robson PM, Sun MR, Patel AD, Mentore K, Wagner AA, Genega EM, Rofsky NM, Alsop DC, Pedrosa I. Arterial spin-labeleing MR imaging of renal masses: correlation with histopathologic findings. Radiology. 2012; 265: 799-808.
10. Costa DN, Bloch BN, Yao DF, Sanda MG, Ngo L, Genega EM, Pedrosa I, Dewolf WC, Rofsky NM. Diagnosis of relevant prostate cancer using supplementary cores from magnetic resonance imaging-prompted areas following multiple failed biopsies. (in press, Magn Reson Imaging).