Back to Results
Elizabeth Yen, MD
Neonatologist; Chair, Women in Medicine and Science (WiMS); Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Pediatrics, Newborn Medicine
Clinical Focus Areas
Newborn medicine, neonatal resuscitation training
Research Focus Areas
Chronic lung injury, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, inflammation and infectious markers, non-invasive diagnostic testing, placenta research
Seeing Patients In
Floating Hospital for Children
Floating Hospital, 2nd Floor
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5322
Fax #: 617-636-1456
Lawrence General Hospital
1 General Street
Lawrence, MA 01841
Phone #: 978-683-4000
Fax #: 978-946-8021
Lowell General Hospital
295 Varnum Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
Phone #: 978-937-6032
Fax #: 978-937-6903
585 Lebanon Street
Melrose, MA 02176
Phone #: 781-979-6400
Fax #: 781-979-6410
2016, AAP Perinatal Spring Workshop Travel Scholarship Award
2015 and 2016, Eastern Society for Pediatric Research (ESPR) Travel Award
2015 and 2016, Rutgers Research Day Excellence in Research Award
2015, Fellowship Trainee Scholarship, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference and Exhibition (NCE)
2013, David H. Carver Teaching Award
2011, Arnold P. Gold Humanism & Excellence Teaching Award
2010, Inducted into Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society
1. Yen E, Weinberger B, Laumbach R, Vetrano A, Gow A, Ramagopal M. Utility of exhaled breath condensate in predicting bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Pediatrics 2016;137(Suppl.3):435A.
2. Puvabanditsin S, Garrow E, February M, Yen E, Mehta R. Esophageal atresia with recurrent tracheoesophageal fistulas and microduplication 22q11.23. Genetic Counseling 2015;26:313-320.
3. Yen E, Miele N, Barone JG, Tyagi A, Weiss L. Untethering an unusual cause of kidney injury in a teenager with Down Syndrome. Ped Emerg Care 2014;30:826-828.
4. Yen E, Deen M, Marshall I. Youngest reported patient presenting with an androgen producing sclerosing stromal ovarian tumor. J Ped Adolesc Gynecol 2014;27:e121-124.
5. Yen E, Keyburn H, Chefitz D, Uppaluri LP, Burnham JM, Moorthy LN. Not just another nosebleed. Contemp Peds 2013,11:10,46-51.
6. Yen E, Malik M, Milgraum S. A male infant with bumps on his feet. Ped Ann 2011;40:16-19.
7. Stoykova L, Rhim A, Yen E, Kim D, Trindade A, Glick M, Scanlin TF. E1/313—Altered glycosylation and mislocalization glycosyltransferases: implications for therapy of cystic fibrosis. Paed Respir Rev 2006;7:S301-302.
8. Roberts KE, McElroy JJ, Wong WPK, Yen E, Widlitz A, Barst RJ, Knowles JA, Morse JH. BMPR2 mutations in pulmonary arterial hypertension with congenital heart disease. Eur Respir J 2004;24:371-374.
9. John R, Lietz K, Burke M, Schuster M, Yen E, Naka Y, Mancini D, Edwards M, Oz M, Itescu S. Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy in highly sensitized cardiac allograft recipients facilitates transplantation across donor specific IgG positive cross matches. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 2001;20:213.
AAP Trainees and Early Career Neonatologist (TECaN)
AAP Young Physicians’ Leadership Alliance (YPLA)
American Association of Pediatrics (AAP)—Perinatal Section Member
Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society
Eastern Society for Pediatric Research (ESPR) Member
International Society for Evidence-Based Neonatology (EBNEO)
Society for Pediatric Research (SPR) Fellow Section Member