Back to Results
Gowri Raman, MBBS, MS
Assistant Professor of Medicine; Project Director
Department + Services
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Center for Clinical Evidence Synthesis (CCES)
Clinical Focus Areas
Health technology assessments, systematic reviews of chronic disease conditions, and horizon scanning of genomic tests
Research Focus Areas
Health technology assessments, meta-analysis and systematic reviews of chronic disease conditions, horizon scanning of genomic tests
|Training + Education
Tufts University; Thanjavur Medical College, India; General Internal Medicine, HAL hospital, Bangalore, India; Research Fellowship in Clinical and Translational Science, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
||Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification
2015-2016, Chair, Academic Research Awards Committee, Tufts University School of Medicine
2013, Technical Expert Panel Member, AHRQ Comparative Effectiveness Review on Transitional Care in Heart Failure
2011, Invited Presentation at the CMS Medicare Evidence Development & Coverage Advisory Committee meeting – Cochlear Implant for Sensorineural Hearing loss (Washington, D.C.)
1. Raman G, Avendano E, Berger S, Menon V. Appropriate initial antibiotic therapy in hospitalized patients with gram-negative infections: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC infectious diseases. 2015; 15:395. PMID: 26423743
2. Balk EM, Earley A, Avendano EA, Raman G. Long-Term Health Outcomes in Women with Silicone Gel Breast Implants: A Systematic Review. Annals of internal medicine. 2015; :1-12. PMID: 26550776
3. Berger S, Raman G, Vishwanathan R, Jacques PF, Johnson EJ. Dietary cholesterol and cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2015; 102(2):276-94. PMID: 26109578
4. Balk EM, Earley A, Raman G, Avendano EA, Pittas AG, et al. Combined Diet and Physical Activity Promotion Programs to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes Among Persons at Increased Risk: A Systematic Review for the Community Preventive Services Task Force. Annals of internal medicine. 2015; 163(6):437-51. PMID: 26167912
5. Mudedla S, Avendano EE, Raman G. Non-tuberculous mycobacterium skin infections after tattooing in healthy individuals: A systematic review of case reports. Dermatology online journal. 2015; 21(6). PMID: 26158355
6. Wessler BS, Lai Yh L, Kramer W, Cangelosi M, Raman G, et al. Clinical Prediction Models for Cardiovascular Disease: Tufts Predictive Analytics and Comparative Effectiveness Clinical Prediction Model Database. Circulation. Cardiovascular quality and outcomes. 2015; 8(4):368-75. PMID: 26152680
7. Nathwani D, Raman G, Sulham K, Gavaghan M, Menon V. Clinical and economic consequences of hospital-acquired resistant and multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2014;3:32.
8. Raman G, Zhang Y, MinichielloVJ, D’Ambrosio C, Wang C (2013) Tai Chi Improves Sleep Quality in Healthy Adults and Patients with Chronic Conditions: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Sleep Disorders Ther 2:141. doi:10.4172/2167-0277.1000141.
9. Raman G, Moorthy D, Hadar N, Dahabreh IJ, O’Donnell T, Thaler D, Feldmann E, Lau J, Kitsios G. Management Strategies for Asymptomatic Carotid Stenosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. May 7;158(9):676-85. PMID: 23648949
10. Gaylor J, Raman G, Chung M, Lee J, Rao M, Lau J, Poe D. Cochlear Implantation in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Feb 21:1-8.
Gowri Raman, MBBS, MS, is Project Director for the Center for Clinical Evidence Synthesis at the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts Medical Center. She is also Assistant Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine and Chair for the Academic Research Awards Committee.
Ms. Raman has extensive training and background in systematic reviews, meta-analysis and Clinical Practice Guideline development. She leads evidence synthesis projects evaluating burden of illness and economic consequences, Health Technology Assessments (HTA) examining medical devices, and Comparative Effectiveness Reviews (CER) of diagnostic technologies, and nutrition. She works interactively with experts and lead team members on topic scoping, key question development, stakeholder engagement, conduct comprehensive literature searches, critically appraise studies, and perform quantitative data analysis and interpret epidemiological and statistical data. She collaborates professionally with researchers from other fields, clinicians, and policy makers.
2014 Co-Investigator Variation in individual treatment effects from repeated period cross-over studies: an overview with selected case examples funded through National Pharmaceutical Council
2013 Principal Investigator Inappropriate antibiotic therapy in nosocomial infections funded through Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
2013 Co-Investigator Dietary Cholesterol and Heart health funded through USDA and Egg Nutrition Center
2008 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grants (T32)
2004 Co-Investigator American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Health Services Research Scholar Grant
Center for Clinical Evidence Synthesis
Tufts Medical Center
35 Kneeland Street, 9th Floor
Boston, MA 02111