Back to Results
Grace Shih-Hui Kao, MD
Director, Neely Cell Therapy Collection Center and Stem Cell Processing Laboratory; Hematologist/Oncologist; Transfusion Medicine Specialist; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, Pathology
Hematology, bone marrow transplantation, cellular therapy, liver cancer
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Novel therapies for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, quality and safety improvements of hematopoietic stem cell transplantations, generation of a cellular therapy curriculum for training physicians, development of clinical grade cellular therapies for the treatment of immunodeficiency and malignant diseases
|Training + Education
Tufts University School of Medicine; McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University; Tufts Medical Center; Harvard Medical School
||Hematology, Medical Oncology, Pathology, Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine, Internal Medicine
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 8th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6227
Fax #: 617-636-5291
1. Eckman MH, Singh SK, Erban JK, Kao G. Testing for factor V Leiden in patients with pulmonary or venous thromboembolism: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Medical decision making : an international journal of the Society for Medical Decision Making 2002;22:108-24.
2. Eckman MH, Erban JK, Singh SK, Kao GS. Screening for the risk for bleeding or thrombosis. Annals of internal medicine 2003;138:W15-24.
3. Kao GS, Wood IG, Dorfman DM, Milford EL, Benjamin RJ. Investigations into the role of anti-HLA class II antibodies in TRALI. Transfusion 2003;43:185-91.
4. Ho VT, Kim HT, Li S, et al. Partial CD8+ T-cell depletion of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation is insufficient to prevent graft-versus-host disease. Bone marrow transplantation 2004;34:987-94.
5. Darabi K, Brown JR, Kao GS. Paradoxical embolism after peripheral blood stem cell infusion. Bone marrow transplantation 2005;36:561-2.
6. Zubair AC, Kao G, Daley H, Schott D, Freedman A, Ritz J. CD34(+) CD38(-) and CD34(+) HLA-DR(-) cells in BM stem cell grafts correlate with short-term engraftment but have no influence on long-term hematopoietic reconstitution after autologous transplantation. Cytotherapy 2006;8:399-407.
7. Ballen KK, Spitzer TR, Yeap BY, et al. Double unrelated reduced-intensity umbilical cord blood transplantation in adults. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation : journal of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation 2007;13:82-9.
8. Kunisaki SM, Armant M, Kao GS, Stevenson K, Kim H, Fauza DO. Tissue engineering from human mesenchymal amniocytes: a prelude to clinical trials. Journal of pediatric surgery 2007;42:974-9; discussion 9-80.
9. Xu LH, Fang JP, Huang WG, et al. Marrow graft rejection by repeated transfusions of allogeneic donor spleen cells. Bone marrow transplantation 2007;40:691-8.
10. Haspel RL, Kao G, Yeap BY, et al. Preinfusion variables predict the predominant unit in the setting of reduced-intensity double cord blood transplantation. Bone marrow transplantation 2008;41:523-9.