Back to Results
Hande H. Tuncer, MD
Director, Benign Hematology Program; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Hematology including thrombosis, hemostasis, anemias, platelet disorders, iron disorders, MGUS and stem cell transplantation, chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
||Thrombosis in cancer
|Training + Education
University of Istanbul, Turkey; SUNY Upstate Medical University; University of Massachusetts; Tufts Medical Center; University of Alabama at Birmingham
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 7th Floor
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6227
Fax #: 617-636-8538
1. Boissel L, Betancur M, Wels WS, Tuncer H, Klingemann H. Transfection with mRNA for CD19 specific chimeric antigen receptor restores NK cell mediated killing of CLL cells. Leukemia Research 2009; 33(9): 1255-1259.
2. Staropoli JF, Stowell GP, Tuncer H, Marques MB. An inquiry into the relationship between ABO blood group and TTP. Vox Sanguinis 2009; 96 (4): 344-348.
3. Boissel L*, Tuncer H*, Betancur M, Wolfberg A, Klingemann H. Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells Increase Expansion of Cord Blood Natural Killer Cells Biology of Blood & Marrow Transplantation 2008; 14 (9): 1031-1038 (* Co-authors)
4. Friedman R, Betancur M, Boissel L, Tuncer H, Cetrulo C, Klingemann H. Umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells: adjuvants for human cell transplantation. Biology of Blood & Marrow Transplantation 2007; 13(12):1477-86.
5. Tuncer HH, Oster RA, Huang ST, Marques MB. Predictors of Response and Relapse in a Cohort of Adults with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura-Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome: A Single Institution Experience. Transfusion 2007; 47 (1): 107-114.
6. Tuncer HH, Rana N, Milani C, Darko A, Al-Homsi SA. Gastrointestinal and hepatic complications of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. World Journal of Gastroenterology 2012; 18(16): 1851-1860.
7. Jabbour M, Tuncer H , Castillo J, Butera J, , Roy T, Pojani J, Al-Malki M, Al-Homsi AS. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Tranplantation for Adult T-Cell Leukemia/Lymphoma: A Review. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2011; 46, 1039–1044
8. Marques MB, Tuncer HH. Photopheresis in Solid Organ Transplant Rejection. Journal of Clinical Apheresis 2006; 21:72-77.
9. Tuncer HH, Mayfield CA, Marques MB. Current Diagnosis and Management in Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: Utility of von-Willebrand Factor Cleaving Protease (ADAMTS 13). La Trasfusione del Sangue- Blood Transfusion, Jan 2005.
Hande H. Tuncer, MD completed a residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical School prior to a fellowship in Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Tuncer subsequently completed a fellowship in Hematology and Oncology at Tufts Medical Center in 2007.
Dr. Tuncer held faculty appointments in the Department of Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Program at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago followed by the Bone Marrow Transplant Program at Roger Williams Medical Center in Providence, Rhode Island where she served as the Associate Director. She has worked as staff hematologist at Lahey Medical Center since 2013 prior to joining Tufts MC. Dr. Tuncer is ABIM certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology. She is serving as the Director of the Benign Hematology Program focusing on thrombosis and hemostasis.
In her spare time, Dr. Tuncer loves reading non-fiction, playing piano, collecting seashells, swimming, getting together with friends and traveling. Being born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey and having many friends and family across cities and countries gives her an excuse to travel regularly. Dr. Tuncer is blessed with a 6-year-old playful daughter who loves whimsical anything, airplanes (very convenient) and Doc McStuffins.
2014, Turkish Women’s International Network
2013, Turkish Hematology Specialists Association
2004, American Society of Clinical Oncology
2004, American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
2004, American Society of Hematology