Back to Results
Senior Cardiothoracic Surgeon; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Surgery, CardioVascular Center, Cardiac Surgery
Clinical Focus Areas
Surgical treatment of acquired heart disease, surgical repair of valvular heart disease, surgical repair of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, minimally invasive surgery, arrhythmia surgery, heart transplantation, circulatory assist devices
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 6th Floor
860 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5590
Fax #: 617-636-6410
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor" and in top 1% in the nation in his specialty, U.S. News & World Report
1. Gordon GR, Schumann R, Rastegar H, Khabbaz K, England MR. Nesiritide for treatment of perioperative low cardiac output syndromes in cardiac surgical patients: an initial experience. Journal of Anesthesia. 2006;20:307-11.
2. Kuvin J, Parikh N, Salomon R, Tischler A, Daoust P, Arshanskiy Y, Coyner K, Carpino P, Pandian NG, Kimmelstiel C, Foote C, Erban J, Rastegar H. Images in cardiovascular medicine. Primary lymphoma of the heart. Circulation. 2005;112:e5-6.
3. Patten RD, Denofrio D, El-Zaru M, Kakkar R, Saunders J, Celestin F, Warner KG, Rastegar H, Khabbaz KR, Udelson JE, Konstam MA, Karas RH. Ventricular assist device therapy normalizes inducible nitric oxide synthase expression and reduces cardiomyocyte apoptosis in the failing human heart. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2005;45:1419-24.
4. Kuvin J, Saha P, Rastegar H, Salomon RN, Pandian N, Denofrio D. Blood cyst of the mitral valve apparatus in a woman with a history of orthotopic liver transplantation. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. 2004;17:480-2.
5. Gordon G, Rastegar H, Schumann R, Deiss-Shrem J, Denman W. Successful use of bivalirudin for cardiopulmonary bypass in a patient with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 2003;17:632-5.
Society of Thoracic Surgery