Back to Results
Jatin K. Dave, MD, MPH
Attending Physician; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Palliative Care
Clinical Focus Areas
Palliative care, geriatrics, informatics
Research Focus Areas
Decision making, population health, physician leadership, clinician experience, post-acute care
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
B.J. Medical College at Gujarat University; University of Illinois College of Medicine; New York University; Harvard University
||Medicine, Geriatrics, Hospice and Palliative Care, Clinical Informatics
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Tufts Children's Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 7th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-7957
Fax #: 617-636-9080
2001, Scholar of the Year, University Illinois College of Medicine
2000, Teacher of the Year, University Illinois College of Medicine
1. Dave J, Kamdar VV. Ethnicity and Diabetic Heart Disease. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America 2006, 35( 3 ): 633-649.
2. Dave J, Shrikanthan P, Kamadar V. Coronary Heart Disease in South Asians: A Burgeoning Epidemic. Current Cardiovascular Risk Reports.2008, 2: 187 – 191.
3. Dave J, Hecht M. Dementia. In: Frontera WR, Silver JK, Rizzo Jr TD, editors Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2nd Edition. Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. p. 665-763.
4. Scranton R, Dave J, Gaziano. Epidemiology of Macrovascular Complications of Diabetes Mellitus. In Munshi M, Lipsitz L, editors. Geriatric Diabetes. New York and London: Informa; 2007. p. 169-180
5. Dave J, Bludau J. Polypharmacy. In: Mckean S, Bennett A, Halasyamani L, editors. Hospital Medicine: Just the Facts. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2008.p. 30-36.
6. Dave J, Crumlish CM, Rudolph J. Delirium. In: Mckean S, Bennett A, Halasyamani L, editors. Hospital Medicine: Just the Facts. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2008.p. 323-328.
7. Dave J. Ventricular Premature Complexes. In: Norman JN(Ed), Medscape, New York, NY. 2006. Updated 2014, 2015, 2016.
8. Dave J. Torsade Des Pointes. In: Norman JN(Ed), Medscape, New York, NY. 2006. Updated 2014, 2016.
9. Ang E, Dave J. Postacute Care Rehabilitation Options. Mckean S, Ross J, Dressler D, Scheurer D. Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine 2nd Edition. 2017. McGraw-Hill Companies, NewYork, NY.
10. Sircar M, Dave J, Russell M, Chen H. Patient Safety and Quality Improvement in Postacute Care Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine 2nd Edition. 2017. McGraw-Hill Companies, NewYork, NY.
Jatin K. Dave, MD, MPH is an internist, palliative care clinician and geriatrician with more than 12 years of diverse health care experience in clinical, academic, and managed care settings. Dr. Dave is board certified in internal medicine, geriatrics, clinical informatics and hospice and palliative care.
Before joining Tufts Medical Center, Dr. Dave worked at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Division of Aging for the last 12 years. He was also Medical Director of Geriatrics and Senior Care Options for Tufts Health Plan. In that role, he provided clinical leadership for the implementation of specific clinical and quality improvement programs for Senior products and oversaw financial and utilization performance of at- risk targeted physician organizations. Dr. Dave has also practiced at Brigham and Women’s hospital for the last 12 years as a primary care physician and as a consultant.
Prior to that, Dr. Dave was a hospice medical director with United Health Group. He also worked as director of education and hospitalist at Youville Hospital (now known as Spaulding Cambridge Hospital).
Dr. Dave completed his training in Internal Medicine at the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine, and subsequently completed a General Internal Medicine fellowship at New York University. He then completed a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine at Harvard and also received a master’s degree in public health from the Harvard School of Public Health. He lives with his wife and two sons in Lexington, MA, and enjoys traveling, spending time with family and reading.
Dr. Dave is chief medical officer of New England Quality Care Alliance, a Not-for profit provider network of 1,800 community and academic physicians in Massachusetts dedicated to providing comprehensive, high quality, and affordable care. He is responsible for overall clinical performance strategy for the network and implementation of the strategy to improve network performance.
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
Association for Physician Leadership (AAPL)
American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS)