|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Harvard Medical School; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 4th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-8228
Phone #: 617-636-5592
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," U.S. News & World Report
Phi Beta Kappa
Rufus Choate Scholar
1. Cooper, J. Living Donor Liver Transplantation. Current Surgery. 2005; 62(3).
2. Cooper J, Chin T, Krieger R, Fernandez L, Foley D, Becker Y, Odorico J, Knechtle S, Kalayoglu M, Sollinger H, D’Alessandro A. Donation After Cardiac Death: The University of Wisconsin Experience With Renal Transplantation. Amer J Transplantation 2004; 4: 1490-4.
3. Hemming J, Angelis MA, Mithoefer A, Smith J, Cooper J, Pratt DS, Epstein MA, Rohrer RJ, Freeman, RB. Direct costs for one year of liver transplant care are not independently associated with pre-transplant MELD score. Amer J Transplantation. 2002; 2: S3 299.
4. Mithoefer A, Supran S, Rohrer RJ, Angelis MA, Cooper J, Pratt DS, Epstein MA, Bankoff M, Fitzmaurice SE, Bloom JS, Freeman RB. CT scan-measured liver volumes overestimate calculated standard liver volumes and actual operative liver volumes. Amer J Transplantation 2002; 2: S3 305
5. Mithoefer A, Supran S, Rohrer RJ, Angelis MA, Cooper J, Pratt DS, Epstein MA, Bankoff M, Fitzmaurice SE, Bloom JS, Freeman RB. Donor residual liver volume to body weight ratios do not correlate with donor complications after living live donation. Amer J Transplantation 2002; 2: S3 305
6. Dixon M, Kinzel J, Melanson M, Horth B, Palladino MB, Modak A, Cooper J, Angelis M, Rohrer R, Freeman RB, The Phenylalanine Breath Test (PBT) is a good measure of liver function after human liver surgery. Liver Transplantation 2003; 9: 6 C-28
7. Mithofer A, Supran S, FitzMaurice S, Bloom J, Pratt D, Epstein M, Angelis M, Cooper J, Rohrer R, Freeman RB Characteristics of patients dying on the waiting list have not changed in the MELD era. Liver Transplantation 2003; 9: 6 C-57
8. Kinzel J, Dixon M, Melanson A, Palladino M, Horth B, Modak A, Cooper J, Angelis M, Rohrer R, Freeman RB, The phenylalanine breath test (PBT) is a good measure of liver function after human liver surgery. ATJ 2003; 5: 3 246
9. Doherty E, Huang C, Supran S, Mason T, Angelis M, Cooper J, Rohrer R, Freeman, RB Donor recipient combine cytokine gene polymorphism analysis is associated with recipient infections after solid organ transplantation. ATJ 2003: 5: 3 426
10. Angelis,M., Cooper,J., Freeman,R. Impact of Donor Infections on Outcome of Orthotopic Liver Transplantation. Liver Transplantation. 9(5):451-462,2003.
The American Society of Transplant Surgeons
The Massachusetts Medical Society