Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Back to Results
Attending Physician; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Clinical Focus Areas
• Diabetes management and prevention of diabetes-related complications
• Telehealth connectivity and outreach.
Research Focus Areas
• Innovative, efficient glycemic management in the inpatient setting that seamlessly transitions to outpatient management
• The role of continuous glucose monitoring in patients with diabetes
• The application of digital medicine tools in diabetes and endocrinology
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 2nd Floor
260 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5689
Fax #: 617-636-4719
1. Vercollone JR, Balzar M, Litvinov SV, Yang W, Cirulli V. MMTV/LTR Promoter-Driven Transgenic Expression of EpCAM Leads to the Development of Large Pancreatic Islets. J Histochem Cytochem. 2015;63(8):613-25. doi: 10.1369/0022155415583876. PubMed PMID: 26216137; PubMed Central.
2. Torres R, Croll SD, Vercollone J, Reinhardt J, Griffiths J, Zabski S, Anderson KD, Adams NC, Gowen L, Sleeman MW, Valenzuela DM, Wiegand SJ, Yancopoulos GD, Murphy AJ. Mice genetically deficient in neuromedin U receptor 2, but not neuromedin U receptor 1, have impaired nociceptive responses. Pain. 2007;130(3):267-78. doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2007.01.036. PubMed PMID: 17379411.
Jeffrey Vercollone, MD, MS, is an Attending Physician in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. His career in endocrinology brings about his passion for finding the answer in an unanswered question. It’s a profession that allows Dr. Vercollone to use his molecular and biochemical expertise in a clinical pursuit.
Outside of the job, he moved back to the east coast from University of Washington in Seattle to be closer to his family. A New Englander at heart he and his family take part in all seasonal activities in particular skiing and hockey. He spends most of his time with his 4-year and 2-year-old daughters.
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
American Diabetes Association
American Thyroid Association