Back to Results
Director, Level 4 Epilepsy Center; Neurologist; Adult and Pediatric Sleep Medicine Attending
Department + Services
Clinical Focus Areas
Epilepsy, intractable epilepsy, detection of difficult to find possible lesions causing epilepsy, structural and metabolic brain imaging, clinical drug trials for seizure disorders, general neurology, sleep disorders, adult and pediatric sleep medicine, neurologic/epilepsy intensive monitoring, intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Boston University School of Medicine; Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital; Tufts/New England Medical Center Combined Neurology Residency; St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center
||Psychiatry and Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Tufts Children's Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 12th Floor
260 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5848
Fax #: 617-636-8199
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
1. Oster JM. Stroke. Russian-American Medical Journal/Meditsina & Zhizn May 2000;10(5), 9-11.
2. Oster J, Doherty C, Grant PE, Simon M, Cole AJ. Diffusion-weighted imaging abnormalities in the splenium after seizures. Epilepsia. 2003 Jun;44(6):852-4.
3. Oster JM, Jones Jr HR, Hildenbrand P, Tronic B, Cosgrove GR. Reversible Kernohan’s Notch. Neurology 2007 68(5):368.
4. Oster JM, MacDonald RT. Cardiac Mediated Syncope Captured on Video EEG Telemetry. Online Journal of Cardiology. McGill University: September, 2006.
5. Oster JM, Aggarwal P. Spontaneous recanalization of the basilar artery with conservative management months after symptom onset. Neurology International, 2009; 1:e17;61-62.
6. Oster JM, Shastri P, Geyer C. Cerebral venous thrombosis after gender reassignment surgery. Gender Medicine 2010: 7(3); 270-5.
7. Oster JM, Aljumairi F, Cosgrove GR The metabolic imaging correlate of truncal onset seizures. Arch Neurol 2011; 68(2):251-253.
8. Oster JM, Apetauerova D, Thomas C, Cosgrove GR. Transient parietal hand syndrome after cortical resection. Epileptic Disord 2011;13(3):295-9
9. Oster JM, Igbokwe E, Cosgrove GR, Cole AJ. Subtle gyral abnormalities predict focal cortical dysplasia and a cure for epilepsy: review of a case series. Arch Neurol. 2012 Feb;69(2):257-61. doi: 10.1001/archneurol.2011.1002. Epub 2011 Oct 10.
10. Lynch K, Oster J, Apetauerova D, Hreib K. “Spinal Cord Stroke: Acute Imaging and Intervention," Case Reports in Neurological Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 706780, 3 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/706780.
American Medical Association
Massachusetts Medical Society
American Academy of Neurology
American Epilepsy Society
American Clinical Society of Neurophysiology
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
The Boston Society of Neurology and Psychiatry