1. Grossman AN, Opie LH, Beshansky JR, Ingwall JS, Rackley CE, Selker HP. Glucose-insulin-potassium revived: current status in acute coronary syndromes and the energy-depleted heart. Circulation 2013; 127:1040-1048.
2. Selker HP, Beshansky JR, Sheehan PR, Massaro JM, Griffith JL, D’Agostino RB, Ruthazer R, Atkins JM, Sayah AJ, Levy MK, Richards ME, Aufderheide TP, Braude DA, Pirrallo RG, Doyle DD, Frascone RJ, Kosiak DJ, Leaming JM, Van Gelder CM, Walter GP, Wayne MA, Woolard RH, Opie LH, Rackley CE, Apstein CS, Udelson JE. Out-of-hospital administration of intravenous glucose-insulin-potassium in patients with suspected acute coronary syndromes: the IMMEDIATE randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2012;307:1925-1933.
3. Selker HP, Beshansky JR, Griffith JL, D’Agostino RB, Massaro JM, Udelson, JE, Rashba EJ, Ruthazer R, Sheehan PR, Desvigne-Nickens P, Rosenberg YD, Atkins JM, Sayah AJ, Aufderheide TP, Rackley CE, Opie LH, Lambrew CT, Cobb LA, MacLeod BA, Ingwall JS, Zalenski RJ, Apstein CS. Study design for the immediate myocardial metabolic enhancement during initial assessment and treatment in emergency care (IMMEDIATE) trial: a double-blind randomized controlled trial of intravenous glucose, insulin, and potassium for acute coronary syndromes in emergency medical services. American Heart Journal 2012;163:315-322.
4. Selker HP, Beshansky JR, Ruthazer R, Sheehan PR, Sayah AJ, Atkins JM, Aufderheide TP, Pirrallo RG, D’Agostino RB, Massaro JM, Griffith JL. Emergency medical service predictive instrument-aided diagnosis and treatment of acute coronary syndromes and ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in the IMMEDIATE trial. Prehospital Emergency Care 2011;15:139-148.
5. Udelson JE, Beshansky JR, Ballin DS, Feldman JA, Griffith JL, Heller GV, Hendel RC, Pope JH, Ruthazer R, Spiegler EJ, Woolard RH, Handler J, Selker HP. Myocardial perfusion imaging for evaluation and triage of patients with suspected acute cardiac ischemia: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2002;288:2693-2700.
6. Selker HP, Beshansky JR, Griffith JL, for the TPI Trial Investigators. Use of the electrocardiograph-based Thrombolytic Predictive Instrument (TPI) to assist thrombolytic and reperfusion therapy for acute myocardial infarction: a multicenter, randomized, controlled, clinical effectiveness trial. Annals of Internal Medicine 2002;137:87-95.
7. Selker HP, Beshansky JR, Griffith JL, Aufderheide TP, Ballin DS, Bernard SA, Crespo SG, Feldman JA, Fish SS, Gibler WB, Kiez DA, McNutt RA, Moulton AW, Ornato JP, Podrid PJ, Pope JH, Salem DN, Sayre MR, Woolard RH. The use of the Acute Cardiac Ischemia Time-Insensitive Predictive Instrument (ACI-TIPI) to assist with triage of patients with chest pain or other symptoms suggestive of acute cardiac ischemia: a multicenter, controlled clinical trial. Annals of Internal Medicine 1998;129:845-855.
8. Katz DA, Griffith JL, Beshansky JR, Selker HP. The use of empiric clinical data in the evaluation of practice guidelines for unstable angina. JAMA 1996;276:1568-1574.
Accomplished scientist and clinical trials operations leader with extensive experience developing, designing and executing complex strategies resulting in successful completion of major research initiatives. Key contributor to the scientific direction, grant application and acquisition and execution of national clinical research studies with funding totaling $63 million. Proven ability to visualize and build the necessary components for establishing long-lasting collaborations in multiple domains, national locations and environments while relying on comprehensive communication and training strategies. Associate Professor of Medicine, co-founder and leader of a successful graduate and research program, and mentor of numerous pre- and post-doctoral students and fellows at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Center for Cardiovascular Health Services Research
800 Washington Street, #63
Boston, MA 02111
EMS Clinical Trial of ECG-Based Predictive Instruments; and Glucose-Insulin-Potassium (GIK) Study: Immediate Myocardial Metabolic Enhancement During Assessment and Treatment via EMS (IMMEDIATE) Trial; N01LM03519; National Library of Medicine/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute; $1,845,095;
5/1/00-12/31/02; Project Director / Investigator
Local vs. Referral Care: Choice by Mathematical Equipoise
R01 HS 10280; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; $1,008,584
4/4/01-3/31/03; Research Coordinator / Investigator
TIPI Systems to Reduce Errors in Emergency Cardiac Care
U18 HS11200; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; $1,145,840
9/1/00-8/31/04; Project Coordinator / Investigator
Tufts-NEMC-Sackler Clinical Research Curriculum
K30 HL04116 ; National Institutes of Health ; $1,111,110
6/1/99 to 5/31/05; Associate Project Director
Sestamibi for ED Triage for Suspected Cardiac Ischemia
R01 HS09110; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; $4,440,339
8/1/96-12/31/00; Project Director / Investigator