Department of Surgery
Back to Results
Kenneth G. Warner, MD
Accepting New Patients
Meet Kenneth G. Warner, MD
Senior Cardiothoracic Surgeon; Program Director for the Thoracic Surgery Residency; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Surgery, CardioVascular Center, Cardiac Surgery
Clinical Focus Areas
Surgical management of adult and pediatric heart disease, heart transplantation
Research Focus Areas
Myocardial protection, cerebral protection during Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Seeing Patients In
Locations + Directions
Tufts Children's For Children
South Building, 6th Floor
860 Washington St.
Box 266 Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5590
Fax #: 617-636-6410
Honors + Awards
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor" and in top 1% in the nation in his specialty, U.S. News & World Report
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Publications + National Presentations
1. Robinson DA, O'Brien PK, Gheewala RM, Nikulina EM, Payne DD, Hammer RP, Warner KG. Differential expression of neuronal fos protein after cold water drowning and controlled rewarming. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2004;198:404-9.
2. Warner KG, O'Brien PK, Rhodes J, Kaur A, Robinson DA, Payne DD. Expanding the indications for pulmonary valve replacement after repair of tetralogy of fallot. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2003;76:1066-71.
3. Warner KG, Sheahan MG, Arebi SM, Banerjee A, Deiss-Shrem JM, Khabbaz KR. Proper timing of blood cardioplegia in infant lambs: Superiority of a multiple dose regimen. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2001;71:872-6.
4. Warner KG, Halpin DP, Berul CI, Payne DD. Placement of permanent epicardial pacemaker in children using a subcostal approach. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 1999;68:173-5.
5. Seirafi PA, Warner KG, Geggel RL, Payne DD, Cleveland RJ. Repair of coarctation of the aorta during infancy minimizes the risk of later hypertension. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 1998;66:1387-92.
American Association of Thoracic Surgery
Society of Thoracic Surgery
American Heart Association
International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
News, Media + Videos