Don't see an appointment time? Request directly with the clinic.
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Dartmouth Medical School; University of Virginia Health System; University of Colorado Health Science Center
||General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 4th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-9095
Phone #: 617-636-5589
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2015, "Top Cancer Doctors 2015," Newsweek
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor" and in top 1% in the nation in his specialty, U.S. News & World Report
2008, Citation, Excellence in Teaching – Student Class 2008 Tufts Medical School
2006, Recipient, Oliver Smith Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Tufts Medical Center
2005, Recipient, Oliver Smith Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Tufts Medical Center
2001, Recipient, James Ernest Kindred Award, Resident Teaching Award, University of Virginia
1. Thompson, L.W., Hogan, K.T., Caldwell, J.A., Pierce, R.A., Hendrickson, R.C., Deacon, D.H., Rsettlage, R.E., Brinckerhoff, L.H., Engelhard, V.H., Shabanowitz, J., Hunt, D.F., Slingluff, C.J.Jr. Preventing the spontaneous modification of an HLA-A2-restricted peptide at an N-terminal glutamine or an internal cysteine residue enhances peptide antigenicity. Journal of Immunology. . 27(3):177-83, 2004 May-Jun.
2. Thompson LW. Garbee CF. Hibbitts S. Brinckerhoff LH. Pierce RA. Chianese-Bullock KA. Deacon DH. Engelhard VH. Slingluff CL Jr. Competition among peptides in melanoma vaccines for binding to MHC molecules. Journal of Immunotherapy. 27(6):425-31, 2004. Nov-Dec
3. Brinckerhoff, L.H., Pomerantz, M., Atelectasis. Conn’s Current Therapy. 2003 Edition
4. Brinckerhoff, L.H., Mitchell, J.D., Carcinoma of the lung. Surgical Decision Making. Elsevier Saunders. Copyright 2000. 5th Edition. pp 84-88.
5. Slingluff, C.L. Jr., Colella, T.A., Thompson, L.W., Graham, D.D., Skipper, J.C., Caldwell, J., Brinckerhoff, L.H., Kittlesen, D.J., Deacon, D.H., Oei, C., Harthun, N.L., Huczko, E.L., Hunt, D.F., Darrow, T.L., Engelhard, V.H. Melanomas with concordant loss of multiple melanocytic differentiation proteins: immune escape that may be overcome by targeting unique or undefined antigens. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy. 48(12):661-72, 2000 Mar.
6. Brinckerhoff, L.H., Thompson, L.W., Slingluff, C.L Jr. Melanoma vaccines. [Review] Current Opinion in Oncology. 12(2):163-73, 2000 Mar.
7. Thompson, L.W., Brinckerhoff, L.H., Slingluff, C.L Jr. Vaccination for melanoma. [Review] Current Oncology Reports. 2(4):292-9, 2000 Jul.
8. Lippolis, J.D., Denis-Mize K.S., Brinckerhoff, L.H., Slingluff, C.L. Jr., Galloway, D.R., Engelhard, V.H. Pseudomonas exotoxin-mediated delivery of exogenous antigens to MHC class I and class II processing pathways. Cellular Immunology. 203(2):75-83, 2000.
9. Brinckerhoff, L.H., Kalashnikov, V.V., Thompson, L.W., Yamshchikov, G.V., Pierce R.A., Galavotti, H.S., Engelhard, V.H., Slingluff, C.L. Jr. Terminal modifications inhibit proteolytic degradation of an immunogenic MART-1(27-35) peptide: implications for peptide vaccines. International Journal of Cancer. 83(3):326-34, 1999 Oct 29.
10. Harthun, N.L., Weaver. A,M., Brinckerhoff, L.H., Deacon, D.H., Gonias, S.L., Slingluff. C.L. Jr. Activated alpha 2-macroglobulin reverses the immunosuppressive activity in human breast cancer cell-conditioned medium by selectively neutralizing transforming growth factor-beta in the presence of interleukin-2. Journal of Immunotherapy. 21(2):85-94, 1998 Mar.
Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
Society of Thoracic Surgeons