Back to Results
Luis B. Suarez, MD
Vascular Surgeon; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Surgery, CardioVascular Center, Vascular Surgery
Clinical Focus Areas
Peripheral vascular disease, carotid stenosis, venous disease, aortic aneurysm
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
Rehab Building, 1st Floor
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5019
Fax #: 617-636-8003
Lowell General Hospital
295 Varnum Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
Phone #: 978-942-2610
2012, Roger Williams Medical Center Surgical Oncology Resident Award
2011, "REACH for Excellence" Gold Star Award
2011, SICU Resident Award for Outstanding SICU Patient Care
2010-2011, Presidents Award for Excellence in Academic Performance and Scholastic Achievement
2010, General Surgery Residency Program Academic Award: Highest ABSITE Score
2004, Student Merit Award for Participation in the Penitentiary Extension Program
1. McGillicuddy, EA; Schuster, KM; Barre, K; Suarez, L; Hall, MR; Kaml, GJ, Davis, KA; Longo, WE: Non-Operative Management of Acute Cholecystitis in the Elderly. BRITISH JOURNAL OF SURGERY, 99(9):1254-1261, Sept 2012.
2. Contessa, J; Suarez, L; Kyriakides, T; Nadzam, G; The Influence of Surgeon Personality on Risk Tolerance: A Pilot Study. JOURNAL OF SURGICAL EDUCATION, 70(6):806-812, 2013.
3. Suarez, L; Rosen, N: Case Report of Concomitant Iliac Vein Intravascular Ultrasound Imaging Using The Great Saphenous Vein Access for Planned Endovenous Ablation. AMERICAN VENOUS FORUM NEWSLETTER, Issue #5, 2015.
4. Suarez, Luis et al. Is Routine DVT Duplex Ultrasound Scanning (DUS) Necessary After Endovenous Ablation (EVA)? JOURNAL OF VASCULAR SURGERY, Volume 62, Issue 4, 1099 (abstract)
5. Suarez, Luis et al. Is Superficial Venous Surgery in C6 Patients Justified From a Cost/Benefit Viewpoint? JOURNAL OF VASCULAR SURGERY: VENOUS AND LYMPHATIC DISORDERS, Volume 3, Issue 1, 123 (abstract)
6. Weiss APC, Gil JA, Shah KN, Suarez L: Upper Extremity Extravasation: Evaluation, Management and Prevention. J Am Acad Orthop Surg, In Press
Dr. Suarez enjoys going to the movies, cooking and traveling.
Society for Vascular Surgery