Back to Results
Chief Physician Executive, The CardioVascular Center; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Clinical Focus Areas
Heart failure, cardiac transplant
Research Focus Areas
Heart failure therapeutics, cardiac remodeling in response to injury, heart failure disease management
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons; Massachusetts General Hospital; Brigham and Women's Hospital
||Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Diagnostic Radiology, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 6th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6293
Fax #: 617-636-7667
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2015, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor" and in top 1% in the nation in his specialty, U.S. News & World Report
Oliver Smith Award for Excellence, Compassion, and Service
Howard Gilman Foundation Distinguished Visiting Scientist. Weill Medical College of Cornell University
Special Honored Lecturer at Japanese Heart Failure Society meeting
Brian A. McGovern Excellence in Education Award.
45th Annual Carl J. Wiggers Memorial Awardee and Lecturer, Case Western Reserve University
2003, Listed among “Top Doctors,” Boston Consumers Checkbook
2004-05, “Americas Top Doctors,” Castle Connolly
2005-08, “Best Doctors in America,” Castle Connolly
1. Konstam MA, Jessup M, Francis GS, Mann DL, Greenberg B: Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology: A Subspecialty is Born. JACC & Journal of Card Failure. Feb, 2009
2. Katz AM, Konstam MA: Heart Failure. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
3. Konstam MA, Gheorghiade M, Burnett JC, et al: Effects of Oral Tolvaptan in Patients Hospitalized for Worsening Heart Failure: The EVEREST Outcome Trial. JAMA. 2007;297:1319-1331
4. Konstam MA: Natriuretic Peptides and Cardiovascular Events: More Than a Stretch. JAMA. 2007;297(2):212-4
5. Konstam MA, Czerska B, Böhm M, et al: Continuous Aortic Flow Augmentation: A Pilot Study of Hemodynamic and Renal Responses to a Novel Percutaneous Intervention in Decompensated Heart Failure. Circulation. 2005;112(20):3107-14
Marvin Konstam, MD, is an internationally-known expert on heart failure and cardiac care and has served as a Senior Advisor in Cardiovascular Diseases to the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. He has also served on the Cardio-renal Advisory Panel of the US Food and Drug Administration and on the Medicare Evidence Development and Coverage Advisory Committee of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Dr. Konstam previously served as President of the Heart Failure Society of America and as President of the Association of Professors of Cardiology. He is currently the Chair-elect of the Council on Academic Cardiology of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Konstam is the Chief Physician Executive at The CardioVascular Center at Tufts Medical Center, and is Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine, where he is recipient of the Distinguished Faculty Award. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, and Radiology.
American College of Cardiology
American Heart Association
Heart Failure Society of America (former President, 2002-2004)