Back to Results
Michael J. Barza, MD
Vice Chairman for Clinical Affairs, Department of Medicine; Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Fever of unkown cause, soft tissue infections, necrotizing fasciitis, respiratory infections
Seeing Patients In
Don't see an appointment time? Request directly with the clinic.
|Programs + Specialties
||Ocular infections, antibiotic pharmacology, meta-analyses of clinical trials, antibiotic resistance
|Training + Education
McGill University, Montreal, Canada; Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Montreal; Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal; Tufts Medical Center
||Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-7100
Phone #: 617-636-8512
2009-2010, Outstanding Tufts University School of Medicine Lecturer
2008, Milton and Natalie Zucker Clinical Teaching Prize for Outstanding Accomplisment
2007, Tufts University School of Medicine Distinguished Faculty Award
2006, Award for Innovation and Excellence in Teaching, TUSM Class of 2008
1994-2011, “ Best Doctors in America,” Castle Connolly
1977-2007, Citations for Teaching Excellence: 20 awards
1. Barza, M, Trikalinos, TA, Lau J. Statistical considerations in meta-analysis. Infect Dis Clin N. Am, 2009; 23: 195-210.
2. Barza, M et al: Orbital cellulitis. UpToDate 2011
3. Barza, M et al: Preseptal cellulitis. UpToDate 2011
4. Barza, M: Cellulitis in Clinical Decision Support. Critical Care Medicine, a digital publication edited by Kellum JA, Fortenberry K, Fuchs B and Shaw, A. Wilmington, DE. (Expected online publication date June, 2011)
5. Barza, M: Myositis, Fasciitis and Muscle Abscess in Clinical Decision Support. Critical Care Medicine, a digital publication edited by Kellum JA, Fortenberry K, Fuchs B and Shaw, A. Wilmington, DE. (Expected online publication date June, 2011)
6. Barza, M: Infections of Joints in Clinical Decision Support. Critical Care Medicine, a digital publication edited by Kellum JA, Fortenberry K, Fuchs B and Shaw, A. Wilmington, DE. (Expected online publication date June, 2011)
Dr. Michael Barza is the Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs at Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Barza joined the factuly of Tufts Medical Center (then New England Medical Center) in 1972. He served as the Associate Chief of the Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Disease as well as hospital epidemiologist.
Dr. Barza has over 200 peer-reviewed publications in infectious diseases. He has made great advances in the pharmacology of antibiotics in the eye. He has also made a major contribution to the Tufts University School of Medicine, where he has taught for over 25 years.