Tufts Medical Center
South Building, Floor 6
860 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5594
Fax #: 617-636-7175
2019, Costas Lambrew Excellence in Quality Improvement, Maine Medical Center
2015, Dr. Charles H. Bryan Clinical Excellence Award in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic
2014, Research Award, Cleveland Clinic
2012, Outstanding Resident Teaching Award, Harvard Medical School
2010, Research Award, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical Schoolbr>
2010, Finalist, C. Walton Lillehei Resident Forum, American Association for Thoracic Surgery
2009-2010, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School
2009, Finalist, Vivien Thomas Young Investigator Award, American Heart Association
2009, Research Award, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School
2008, Isaac O. Merhez Award for Surgical Excellence, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School
2005, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
2005, Dan Elliott Surgical Excellence Award, Wright State University
1. Ryzhov S, May T, Dziodzio J, Emery IF, Lucas FL, Leclerc A, McCrum B, Lord C, Eldridge A, Robich MP, Ichinose F, Sawyer DB, Riker R, Seder DB. Number of Circulating CD 73-Expressing Lymphocytes Correlates With Survival After Cardiac Arrest. J Am Heart Assoc. 2019 Jul 2;8(13):e010874.
2. Iribarne A, Leavitt BJ, Robich MP, Sardella GL, Gelb DJ, Baribeau YR, McCullough JN, Weldner PW, Clough RA, Ross CS, Malenka DJ, DiScipio AW. Tissue versus mechanical aortic valve replacement in younger patients: A multicenter analysis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019 Mar 1.
3. Scott, S. S., Yang, X., Robich, M., Liaw, L., Boucher, J. M. Differentiation Capacity Of Human Aortic Perivascular Adipose Progenitor Cells. J. Vis. Exp. (Pending Publication), e59337, In-press (2019).
4. Iribarne A, DiScipio AW, McCullough JN, Quinn R, Leavitt BJ, Westbrook BM, Robich MP, Sardella GL, Klemperer JD, Kramer RS, Weldner PW, Olmstead EM, Ross CS, Malenka DJ; Northern New England Cardiovascular Disease Study Group. Surgical Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Improves Long-Term Survival: A Multicenter Analysis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2019 Jan;107(1):135-142.
5. Robich MP, Iribarne A, Leavitt BJ, Malenka DJ, Quinn RD, Olmstead EM, Ross CS, Sawyer DB, Klemperer JD, Clough RA, Kramer RS, Baribeau YR, Sardella GL, DiScipio AW; Northern New England Cardiovascular Disease Study Group. Intensity of Glycemic Control Affects Long-Term Survival After Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2019 Feb;107(2):477-484.
6. Robich MP, Ryzhov S, Sawyer DB. Successful rebuilding after disaster, even in the heart, starts with infrastructure. J Thorac Dis. 2018 Nov;10(Suppl 33):S4165-S4167
7. Iribarne A, DiScipio AW, Leavitt BJ, Baribeau YR, McCullough JN, Weldner PW, Huang YL, Robich MP, Clough RA, Sardella GL, Olmstead EM, Malenka DJ; Northern New England Cardiovascular Disease Study Group. Comparative effectiveness of coronary artery bypass grafting versus percutaneous coronary intervention in a real-world Surgical Treatment for Ischemic Heart Failure trial population. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018 Oct;156(4):1410-1421.e2
8. Boucher JM, Robich M, Scott SS, Yang X, Ryzhova L, Turner JE, Pinz I, Liaw L. Rab27a Regulates Human Perivascular Adipose Progenitor Cell Differentiation. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2018 Oct;32(5):519-530.
9. Ryzhov S, Robich MP, Roberts DJ, Favreau-Lessard AJ, Peterson SM, Jachimowicz E, Rath R, Vary CPH, Quinn R, Kramer RS, Sawyer DB. ErbB2 promotes endothelial phenotype of human left ventricular epicardial highly proliferative cells (eHiPC). J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2018 Feb;115:39-50.
10. Robich MP. The most important lessons I learned in training. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017 Sep;154(3):1015-1016.
Michael P. Robich, MD, MSPH, is the Associate Surgical Director of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center. Dr. Robich focuses on surgical management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and heart valve surgery, with specific interest and expertise in mitral valve surgery. He has held the position of Assistant Professor of Surgery at Tufts Medical Center since 2016. Dr. Robich is heavily involved with research and innovation. He has authored over 80 peer reviewed papers and numerous book chapters.
Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Association for Academic Surgery
American Heart Association
American Association for Thoracic Surgery
American College of Cardiology
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
American College of Surgeons