Back to Results
N.A. Mark Estes, MD
Director, New England Cardiac Arrhythmia Center; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Seeing Patients In
||Prediction and prevention of sudden death, atrial fibrillation, arrhythmias in athletes
|Training + Education
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine; Massachusetts General Hospital; New England Deaconess Hospital; Tufts Medical Center
||Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiac Pacemakers, Electrophysiology
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St., #197
Boston, MA 02111
2013, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2012, "Top Doctor" and in top 1% in the nation in his specialty, U.S. News & World Report
The Charles, Elliot, Lyman, Brown Prize-Moses Brown School
The University of Pennsylvania Student Award of Merit
Peter T. Kilgore Award, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
James L. Tullis Award, New England Deaconess Hospital
Moses Brown School Alumni Achievement Award
Tufts University School of Medicine Teaching Award 2001
Moses Brown School Outstanding Alumni Award
Lifespan Distinguished Service Award
American Heart Association Distinguished Service Award
Paul Dudley White Award American Heart Association
1. Estes NAM, Halperin JL ACC/AHA/PhysicianConsortium Clinical Performance Measures for Adults With Nonvalvular Atrial FibrillationorAtrial Flutter A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures and the Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement (Writing Committee to Develop Clinical Performance Measures for Atrial Fibrillation) 2007 Circulation. 2008 Feb 26;117(8):1101-20.
2. Dhar R, Alsheikh-Ali AA, Estes NA 3rd, Moss AJ, Zareba W, Daubert JP, Greenberg H, Case RB, Kent DM.Association of prolonged QRS duration with ventricular tachyarrhythmias and sudden cardiac death in the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial II (MADIT-II).Heart Rhythm. 2008 Jun;5(6):807-13.
3. Epstein AE, Dimarco JP, Ellenbogen KA, Estes NA 3rd et al .ACC/AHA/HRS 2008 guidelines for Device-Based Therapy of Cardiac Rhythm Abnormalities: executive summary.Heart Rhythm. 2008 Jun;5(6):934-55.
4. Link MS, Bir C, Dau N, Madias C, Estes NA 3rd, Maron BJ.Protecting our children from the consequences of chest blows on the playing field: a time for science over marketingPediatrics. 2008 Aug;122(2):437-9.
5. Bonow R,Masoudi F, Rumsfeld J, MD, Green L, DeLong E, Loth A, Estes NAM, Peterson E, Goff D,Piña IGrady K Radford M, Shahian DACC/AHA Classification of Care Metrics:Performance Measures and Quality Metrics A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008 Dec 9;52(24):2113-7.
N. A. Mark Estes, MD, is an internationally-recognized expert on cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac disease in athletes, atrial fibrillation and the prediction and prevention of sudden cardiac death. He has examined, diagnosed and treated professional, collegiate and high school athletes across the country. Dr. Estes is the Director of the New England Cardiac Arrhythmia Center and the Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Laboratory at Tufts Medical Center, and a professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Electrophysiology, and Internal Medicine.