Back to Results
Pei-Jung Lin, PhD, MS
Project Director, Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR) at the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies , Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR)
Health economics, cost-effectiveness analysis, pharmaceutical policy analysis, and outcomes research of individuals with chronic conditions
||Health care policy and outcomes research, cost-effectiveness analysis, health economics of Alzheimer’s disease, cancer outcomes research, multimorbidity analysis, patient preferences assessment
|Training + Education
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Harvard School of Public Health
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts MC + Floating Hospital
2011, Earl P. Charlton Fund Research Award, Tufts University School of Medicine
2010, Natalie V. Zucker Research Grant, Tufts University/Tufts Medical Center
2006-2008, UNC/GlaxoSmithKline Global Health Outcomes Fellowship
2008, UNC Graduate School Transportation Grant
2007, The Smith Graduate Research Grant, UNC Graduate School
2007, UNC Teaching Assistantship Award
2006 and 2008, Transportation Grants, Culture Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office (TECRO) in the United States
2001, Awarded Membership in the Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society of Republic of China
1997-2001, National Taiwan University President’s Award (four-time winner)
1. Jönsson L, Lin PJ, Khachaturian AS. Special Topic Section on Health Economics and Public Policy of Alzheimer’s Disease. Alzheimers Dement. 2017;13(3):201-204.
2. Lin PJ, Yeh WS, Neumann PJ. Willingness to Pay for a Newborn Screening Test for Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Pediatr Neurol. 2017;66:69-75.
3. Lin PJ, Saret CJ, Neumann PJ, Sandberg EA, Cohen JT. Assessing the Value of Treatment to Address Various Symptoms Associated with Multiple Sclerosis: Results from a Contingent Valuation Study. Pharmacoeconomics. 2016 Dec;34(12):1255-1265.
4. Lin PJ, Zhong Y, Fillit HM, Chen E, Neumann PJ. Medicare Expenditures of Individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias or Mild Cognitive Impairment Before and After Diagnosis. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016;64(8):1549-1557.
5. Lin PJ, Winn AN, Parsons SK, Neumann PJ, Weiss ES, Cohen JT. Linking Costs and Survival in the Treatment of Older Adults With Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: An Analysis of SEER-Medicare Data From 1995 to 2007. Med Care. 2016;54(4):380-385.
6. Lin PJ, Kent DM, Winn A, Cohen JT, Neumann PJ. Multiple Chronic Conditions in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Prevalence and Consequences. Am J Manag Care 2015;21(1):e23-34.
7. Lin PJ, Yang Z, Fillit HM, Cohen JT, Neumann PJ. Unintended Benefits: The Potential Economic Impact of Addressing Risk Factors to Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. Health Aff 2014;33(4):547-554.
8. Lin PJ, Concannon TW, Greenberg D, Cohen JT, Rossi G, Hille J, Auerbach HR, Fang CH, Nadler ES, Neumann PJ. Does Framing of Cancer Survival Affect Perceived Value of Care? A Willingness-to-pay Survey of US Residents. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 2013;13(4):513-522.
9. Lin PJ, Fillit HM, Cohen JT, Neumann PJ. Potentially Avoidable Hospitalizations among Medicare Beneficiaries with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders. Alzheimers Dement 2013;9:30-38.
10. Maciejewski ML, Wang V, Grabowski DC, Lin PJ. Early Evidence on the Quality of Care Provided by Special Needs Plans. Med Care 2011;49(10):891-896.
Pei-Jung Lin, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine and a Project Director at the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk at the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts Medical Center. Her research focuses on the health economics of Alzheimer’s disease, cost-effectiveness analysis, and outcomes research of individuals with chronic conditions, such as diabetes and cancer. Dr. Lin has extensive experience analyzing large administrative health claims databases from public (Medicare, Medicaid) and private payers, national surveys, and patient registries. She is an Associate Editor for Alzheimer’s & Dementia: The Journal of The Alzheimer’s Association.
International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
- Health care policy and outcomes research
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Health economics of Alzheimer’s disease
- Cancer outcomes research
- Multimorbidity analysis
- Patient preferences assessment
Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR)
800 Washington Street, Box 63
Boston, MA 02111