Tufts Medical Center Primary Care — Boston
Biewend Building, 4B
260 Tremont Street
Boston , MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5400
Fax #: 617-636-1384
2013, Intern Teaching Award, Tufts Medical Center Department of Medicine
2008, Master’s Thesis: “The Role of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in the Medial Prefrontal Cortex in Cocaine Seeking” Received Honors at Boston University School of Medicine
1. Sadri-Vakili G, Kumaresan V, Schmidt HD, Famous KR, CHAWLA P, Vassoler FM, Overland RP, Xia E, Bass CE,Terwilliger EF, Pierce RC, Cha JH. Cocaine-induced chromatin remodeling increases brain-derived neurotrophicic factor transcription in the rat medial prefrontal cortex, which alters the reinforcing efficacy of cocaine. J Neurosci. 2010 Sep 1;30(35):11735-44.
2. Broekman ML, Tierney LA, Benn C, CHAWLA P, Cha JH, Sena-Esteves M. Mechanisms of distribution of mouse beta-galactosidase in the adult GM1-gangliosidosis brain. Gene Therapy 2009 Feb16(2):303-8. Epub 2008 Sep 25.
3. Kim MO, CHAWLA P, Overland RP, Xia E, Sadri-Vakili G, Cha JH. Altered histone monoubiquitylation mediated by mutant huntingtin induces transcriptional dysregulation. Journal of Neuroscience 2008 Apr 9;28(15):3947-57.
4. Sadri-Vakili G, Bouzou B, Benn CL, Kim MO, CHAWLA P, Overland RP, Glajch KE, Xia E, Qiu Z, Hersch SM, Clark TW, Yohrling GJ, Cha JH. Histones associated with downregulated genes are hypo-acetylated in Huntington's disease models. Human Molecular Genetics. 2007 Jun 1;16(11):1293-306.
5. Chitnis T, Imitola J, Wang Y, Elyaman W, CHAWLA P, Sharuk M, Raddassi K, Bronson RT, Khoury SJ. Elevated neuronal expression of CD200 protects Wlds mice from inflammation-mediated neurodegeneration.American Journal of Pathology. 2007 May;170(5):1695-712.
6. Cha, J-H, Bouzou, B, Benn, C, Kim, M, CHAWLA, P, Overland, R, Glajch, K, Xia, E, Qui, Z, Hersch, SM, Clark, T, Yohrling, G, Sadri-Vakili, G. (2007, November). Histones Associated with Downregulated Genes are Hypo-acetylated in Huntington’s Disease Models. Poster presented at: Society for Neuroscience 37th Annual Meeting; San Diego, CA
7. Chitnis T, Imitola J, Elyaman W, CHAWLA P, Sharuk M, Khoury SJ. (2003, January). The role of the Wlds gene in axon-protection in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Poster presented at: Brigham and Women’s Hospital Research Poster Council; Boston, MA.
8. CHAWLA P,Sharuk M. The Role of the Wallerian Degeneration Gene's Phenotype in Protection against Wallerian Degeneration in Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. Presented at Tanner Conference, Nov 2003, Wellesley College
Prianka Chawla, MD enjoys running, yoga, piano and cooking healthy meals.