Back to Results
Robert J. Ward, MD
Meet Robert J. Ward, MD
Chief of Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention; Director, Bone Densitometry; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Clinical Focus Areas
Musculoskeletal imaging and intervention
Research Focus Areas
Sports medicine, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
Seeing Patients In
Locations + Directions
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St.
Box 299 Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-0040
Fax #: 617-636-0041
Honors + Awards
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018, Tufts University School of Medicine “Last Lecture” Speaker
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2016, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2016, Residency Mentorship
2015, Robert C Sapno Medical Student Teacher Award
2014, Teacher of the Year
Publications + National Presentations
1. Pediatric Imaging: Case Review Updated Edition Ward RJ, Blickman JG. Elsevier/Mosby, Philadelphia, c. 2007.
2. Hargaden G, O'Connell M, Kavanagh E, Powell T, Ward R, Eustace S. Current concepts in whole-Body imaging using Turbo Short Tau Inversion Recovery MR Imaging. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003 Jan;180(1):247-52.
3. MR Imaging of Bone Oedema Patterns: Mechanisms and Interpretation. Eustace SJ, Keogh M., Blake, MA, Ward RJ, Oder P, DiMasi M, Clin Rad 2000 44, 1-9.
4. In Vitro and in Vivo Spin Echo Diffusion Imaging Characteristics of Synovial Fluid: Potential Non-Invasive Differentiation of Inflammatory and Degenerative Arthritis Eustace SJ, DiMasi MH, Adams J, Ward RJ, Caruthers S, McAlindon JA Skeletal Radiol. 2000 Jun; 29(6):320-3.
5. Analysis of Diffusion Changes in Posttraumatic Bone Marrow Using Navigator-corrected Diffusion Gradients. Ward RJ, Caruthers SD, Yablon CM, Blake MA, DiMasi MH, Eustace SJ AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000 Mar; 174(3):731-4.
Radiologic Society of North America
American College of Radiology
Society of Skeletal Radiology
International Society of Clinical Densitometry
Osteoarthritis Research Society International
News, Media + Videos