Department of Surgery
Back to Results
Rona Spector, MD
Accepting New Patients
Thoracic Surgeon; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
Clinical Focus Areas
General thoracic and foregut surgery, minimally invasive thoracic surgery, surgical robotics, lung cancer
Research Focus Areas
Lung cancer, esophageal cancer, minimally invasive surgery, surgical innovation and medical devices
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Ben Gurion University Medical school, Israel; Residency: Brigham and Woman's Hospital, Boston
Fellowship: Brigham and Woman's Hospital, Boston
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
860 Washington St.
South Building, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5589
Fax #: 617-636-9095
1. A Majid, D Ospina-Delgado, F Kheir, M Parikh, R spector, S Gangadharan: Thoracoscopic surgical stapling as salvage therapy for failed endobronchial valve treatment in patients with incomplete lobar fissure: initial experience. Journal of Brocnchology & Interventional Pulmonology 2022.
2. R Spector, MD, Y Zheng, MD, J.O. Wee, MD, A Lebenthal, MD, S.J. Swanson, MD, D Marchosky, MD, P Enzinger, MD, H Mamon, MD, B Yeap, ScD, R Bueno, MD: Three-Hole Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy - a Safe Procedure Following Neo-adjuvant Chemotherapy and Radiation. Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 2015.
3. Y Zheng, MD, A Lebenthal, MD, J.O Wee, MD, T Lerut, MD, S McGurk, BS, B Yeap, ScD, R Spector, MD, A Agoston, MD, H.J Mamon, MD, P.C. Enzinger, MD, R Bueno, MD: Hybrid Esophagectomy as a Strategy for Transition from Open to Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy. J Am Coll Surg 2013.
4. Pappo I, Spector R, Schindel A, Morgenstern S, Sandbank J, Leider LT, Schneebaum S, Lelcuk S, Karni T: Diagnostic Performance of a Novel Device for Real-Time Margin Assessment in Lumpectomy Specimens. J Surg Res. 2010.
5. R. Spector, I. Liphshitz, M. Barchana, Y. Kundel, N. Wasserberg, S Lelcuk, A. Sulkes, B. Brenner: High incidence of non-upper aerodigestive primary tumors in patients with esophageal cancer. Dis Esophag 2008.
6. Allweis TM, Kaufman Z, Lelcuk S, Pappo I, Karni T, Schneebaum S, Spector R, Schindel A, Hershko D, Zilberman M, Sayfan J, Berlin Y, Hadary A, Olsha O, Paran H, Gutman M, Carmon M: A prospective, randomized, controlled, multicenter study of a real-time, intraoperative probe for positive margin detection in breast conserving surgery. Am J Surg. 2008.