Back to Results
Scott P. Ryan, MD
Chief, Orthopedic Trauma; Instructor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Fractures of the extremities, pelvis and acetabulum
Seeing Patients In
Don't see an appointment time? Request directly with the clinic.
||Outcomes of orthopedic trauma patients
|Training + Education
Tufts University School of Medicine; Boston University Medical Center; University of Maryland Medical Center - R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, 7th Floor
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-5178
Phone #: 617-636-6014
2011, Maryland Orthopaedic Association Research Award Winner
2010, Boston University Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Research Award Winner
2010, Orthopaedic Trauma Association Education Committee Member
2009, Administrative Chief Resident
2008, Best Orthopaedic Teaching Residents of the Year
1. Ryan SP, Boulton C, O’Toole RV. Treatment of open fractures. (Chapter) Orthopedic Traumatology: An Evidence-Based Approach. Submitted for publication.
2. Ryan SP, Manson T, Sciadini M, Nascone J, Lebrun C, O’Toole RV. Functional Outcomes of Non-Operatively Treated Acetabular Fractures in the Elderly that Meet Operative Criteria. Podium Presentation Maryland Orthopaedic Association, May, 2011
3. Boulton Cl, Kim H, Swapnil S, Ryan SP, Metzger TA, Hsieh AH, O’Toole RV. Do Locking Screws Work in Bent Plates? Podium Presentation Maryland Orthopaedic Association, May, 2011
4. Foster TE, Wolfe BL, Ryan SP, Silvestri L, Kaye EK. Does the Graft Source Really Matter in the Outcome of Patients Undergoing Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction?: An Evaluation of Autograft Versus Allograft Reconstruction Results: A Systematic Review. Am J Sports Med; Jan 2010 38: 181-88.
5. Tornetta P, Steen B, Ryan S: Tibial Metaphyseal Fractures: Nailing in Extension. Podium Presentation; Orthopaedic Trauma Association, Denver, CO, October 16-18, 2008 – Submitted for publication JBJS Am
6. Ryan S, Tornetta P, Dielwart C, Kaye E: Knee Pain After Tibial Nailing Correlates With Union. Podium Presentation; American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Las Vegas, NV, February 25-28, 2009. Accepted for publication J Ortho Trauma
7. Ryan SP, Puskas BL, Ebright MI, Foster TE. “It Hurts to Breath!” A Case Report of Intra-Thoracic Migration of Large Fragment Screws – Accepted for publication JBJS Am
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Orthopaedic Trauma Association
Maryland Orthopaedic Association