Back to Results
Shira I. Doron, MD
Attending Physician; Hospital Epidemiologist and Antimicrobial Steward; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Clinical Focus Areas
Research Focus Areas
Probiotics, antibiotic resistance, hospital acquired infections
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St., #238
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-7010
Fax #: 617-636-8525
2015, Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
2004, Maxwell Finland Award for promise in research in Infectious Disease from the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society
2004, Jonathan Freeman Scholarship for scholarly activity in hospital epidemiology from the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
2004, Edward Kass award for clinical excellence in Infectious Disease from the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society
2003, 2005-07, National Institutes of Health Clinical Research Loan Repayment Award
1. S. Doron and H. Boucher. The Department of Defense fights the battle against antimicrobial resistance: can the US win the war? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2014; advanced access doi: 10.1093/cid/ciu320.
2. S. Doron and H. Boucher. Antibiotics for Skin Infections: New Study Design and a Step Toward Shorter Course Therapy. JAMA 2013; 309(6): 609.
3. M. Traa, L. Barboza, S. Doron, D. R Snydman, F. Noubary, S. A Nasraway. Horizontal Infection Control Strategy Decreases Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection and Eliminates Bacteremia in a Surgical ICU Without Active Surveillance. Critical care medicine 2014; DOI: 10.1097/CCM.0000000000000501
4. E, Thibodeau, S. Doron, V. Iacoviello, J. Schimmel, D.R. Snydman. Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae: Analyzing Knowledge and Practice in Healthcare Providers. PeerJ 2014; 2:e405 http://dx.doi.org/10.7717/peerj.405.
5. Z. Daoud, E.S. Sokhn, E. Azar, K. Maskri, S. Doron. Mutant prevention concentrations of ciprofloxacin against urinary isolates of Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae. The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries 2014;8(2):154-9.
6. E. G. Muldoon, L. Epstein, T. Logvinenko, S. Murray, S. Doron, D.R. Snydman. The impact of cefepime as first line therapy for neutropenic fever on Clostridium difficile rates among hematology and oncology patients. Anaerobe 2013; 24:79-81.
7. S. Doron, L. Nadkarni, L.L. Price, K. Lawrence, L.E. Davidson, J. Evans, C. Garber, D.R. Snydman. Nationwide Survey of Antimicrobial Management Practices. Clinical Therapeutics 2013; 35(6): 758-765.
8. A. Weston, L. Epstein, L.E. Davidson, A. DeMaria, S. Doron. The Impact of a Massachusetts State Sponsored Educational Program on Antimicrobial Stewardship in Acute Care Hospitals. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2013; 34(4): 437-439.
9. A. Weston, K. Caldera, S. Doron. SCIP in the Value Based Purchasing Era: More Harm than Good? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2013; 56(3): 424-7.
10. S. Doron and S.A. Nasraway. The trouble with studying bundles. Critical Care Medicine 2011;39(10):2355-7.
Z. Daoud, E. Salem-Sokhn, E. Dahdouh, J. Irani, G.M. Matar, and S. Doron. Resistance and clonality in Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp., and relationship with antibiotic consumption in major Lebanese hospitals. Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance. Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance 2017; in press.
J. Wick, K. Beaulac, S. Doron. Evaluation of a Healthcare-Associated Urinary Tract Infection Combination Antibiogram. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2016; 37(9); 1101-4. doi: 10.1017/ice.2016.108.
K. Beaulac, S. Corcione, L. Epstein, L.E. Davidson, S. Doron. Antimicrobial Stewardship in a Long Term Acute Care Hospital Using Offsite Electronic Medical Record Audit. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2016; 37(3):343-7. doi: 10.1017/ice.2015.319.
Z. Daoud, E.S. Sokhn, K. Masri, K. Cheaito, N. Haidar-Ahmad , G.M. Matar and S. Doron. Escherichia coli isolated from urinary tract infections of Lebanese patients between 2005 and 2012: epidemiology and profiles of resistance. Frontiers in Medicine 2015; 2:26. doi: 10.3389/fmed.2015.00026
J.A. Reich, M. Young, S.E. Callahan, K.M. Callahan, L.W. Crossley, S.I. Doron, D.R. Syndman, S.A. Nasraway. Physician report cards and rankings yield long-lasting hand hygiene compliance exceeding 90%. Critical Care 2015; 19(1): 292. DOI: 10.1186/s13054-015-1008-4
S. Doron, P. L. Hibberd, B. Goldin, C. Thorpe, L. McDermott, D. R. Snydman. Effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG Administration on vancomycin resistant Enterococcus colonization in adults with comorbidities. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 2015;59 (8): 4593-4599.