|Programs + Specialties
||HIV clinical research in resource-limited settings, HIV drug resistance in resource-limited settings, antiretroviral therapy adherence and retention in care in resource-limited settings, food insecurity and HIV in resource-limited settings
|Training + Education
New York Medical College; Westchester Medical Center; Columbia University School of Public Health; Tufts Medical Center
||Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St., #238
Boston, MA 02111
Fax #: 617-636-7100
Phone #: 617-636-7010
2012, Outstanding Young Investigator in HIV Research, National Center for AIDS Research
2012, Tufts University Nutrition Collaborative, Center for Drug Abuse and AIDS Research, Developmental Award
2012, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases K23 Career Developmental Award
2011, Lifespan/Tufts/Brown Center for AIDS Research Developmental Award
2011, Lifespan/Tufts/Brown Center for AIDS Research Development Award for Initial AIDS Projects (July)
2010, Fellows Travel Grant, 48th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, Vancouver, BC, Canada
2010, Maxwell Finland Award from the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society
2009, Gorbach Post-doc Clinical Award, Tufts Medical Center Research Day
2008-2010 and 2010-2012, National Institutes of Health Clinical Research Loan Repayment Award
1. McMahon J, Elliott J, Hong SY, Jordan MR. Effects of Patient Tracing on Estimates of Lost to Follow-up, Mortality and Retention in Antiretroviral Therapy Programs in Low-middle Income. PLoS ONE in press.
2. Hong SY, Jerger L, Jonas A, Badi A, Cohen S, Tang A, Nachega JB, Parienti JJ, Wanke C, Terrin N, Pereko D, Blom A, Trotter A, Jordan MR. Medication Possession Ratio Associated with Short-term Virologic Response in Individuals Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy in Namibia. PLoS ONE in press.
3. Jordan MR, Bennett DE, Wainberg M, Havlir D, Hammer S, Yang C, Morris L, Peeters M, Wensing A, Parkin N, Nachega JB, Deluca A, Geng E, Calmy A, Raizes E, Sandstrom P, Perriens J, McClure CM, Hong SY, McMahon JH, Dedes N, Sutherland D, Bertagnolio S. Update on World Health Organization HIV drug resistance prevention and assessment strategy: 2004-2011. Clinical Infectious Disease 2012 May;54 Suppl 4:S245-9. PMID:22544182.
4. Bertagnolio S, De Luca A, Vitoria A, Essaje S, Penazzato M, Hong SY, Mc Clure C, Duncombe C, Jordan MR. Determinants of HIV drug resistance and public health implications in low- and middle-income countries. Antivir Ther. 2012 Aug 16. doi: 10.3851/IMP2320. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22898622
5. Hong SY, Hendricks KM, Wanke C, Omosa G, Patta S, Mwero B, Mjomba I, Queenan J, Mwamburi M. Development of Nutrient Dense Food Supplement for HIV-infected Women in Rural Kenya using Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods. Public Health Nutr. 2012 Sep 14:1-9. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22974548
6. Hong SY, Thompson D, Wanke C, Omosa G, Jordan MR, Omosa G, Patta S, Mwero B, Mjomba I, Mwamburi M. (2012) Knowledge of HIV Transmission and Associated Factors among HIV-Positive and HIV-Negative Patients in Rural Kenya. J AIDS Clinic Res 3:170. doi:10.4172/2155-6113.1000170
7. Bennett DE, Jordan MR, Bertagnolio S, Hong SY, McMahon J, Ravasi G, Saadani A, Kelley K. HIV Drug Resistance Early Warning Indicators: Report from 48 countries. Clinical Infectious Disease (in press).
8. Hong SY, Nachega JB, Kelley K, Bertagnolio S, Marconi VC, Jordan MR. The Global Status of HIV Drug Resistance: Clinical and Public-Health Approaches for Detection, Treatment and Prevention. Infectious Disorders and Drug Targets, 2011 March 15 [Epub ahead of print].
9. Nachega JB, Marconi VC, van Zyl GU, Gardner EM, Presier W, Hong SY, Mills EJ, Gross R. Clinical and Public Health Aspects of HIV Treatment Adherence, Drug Resistance, Virologic Failure: Evolving Concepts. Infectious Disorders and Drug Targets, 2011 Mar 15. [Epub ahead of print]
10. McMahon JH, Jordan MR, Kelley K, Bertagnolio S, Hong SY,Wanke C, Lewin SR, Elliott JH. Pharmacy adherence measures to assess adherence to antiretroviral therapy: review of the literature and implications for treatment monitoring. Clinical Infectious Disease, 2011 Feb; 52(4): 493-506.