|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Pennsylvania State University; Boston University School of Public Health; Thomas Jefferson University
||Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
Biewend Building, Floor 4
260 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-5990
Fax #: 617-636-2388
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2013, 2011-2012 Outstanding Tufts University School of Medicine Lecturer
2011, 2010 Junior Investigator Recognition Award, Annals of Internal Medicine
2008, ACR Distinguished Fellow Award
2003, Thomas Jefferson Hospital Executive Committee Letter of Accommodation
1. Bannuru RR, Flavin NE, Vaysbrot E, Harvey W, McAlindon T. High-energy extracorporeal shock-wave therapy for treating chronic calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2014 Apr 15;160(8):542-9. doi: 10.7326/M13-1982. Review. PMID: 24733195
2. Della Croce U, Crapanzano F, Li L, Kasi PK, Patritti BL, Mancinelli C, Hunter DJ, Stamenović D, Harvey WF, Bonato P. A Preliminary Assessment of a Novel Pneumatic Unloading Knee Brace on the Gait Mechanics of Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis. PM R. 2013 Jun 27. pii: S1934-1482(13)00349-3. doi: 10.1016/j.pmrj.2013.06.008.
3. Seah S, Wheaton D, Li L, Dyke JP, Talmo C, Harvey WF, Hunter DJ. The relationship of tibial bone perfusion to pain in knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012 Dec;20(12):1527-33. doi: 10.1016/j.joca.2012.08.025. Epub 2012 Sep 7.PMID: 22960090
4. Hunter D, Gross KD, McCree P, Li L, Hirko K, Harvey WF. Realignment treatment for medial tibiofemoral osteoarthritis: randomised trial. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012 Oct;71(10):1658-65. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2011-200728. Epub 2012 Feb 29. PMID: 22377805
5. Lo GH, Harvey WF, McAlindon TE. Associations of varus thrust and alignment with pain in knee osteoarthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2012 Feb 3. doi: 10.1002/art.34422.
6. Hunter DJ, Arden N, Conaghan PG, Eckstein F, Gold G, Grainger A, Guermazi A, Harvey W, Jones G, Hellio Le Graverand MP, Laredo DJ, Lo G, Losina E, Mosher TJ, Roemer F, Zhang W, OARSI OA Imaging Working Group. Definition of osteoarthritis on MRI: results of a Delphi exercise. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2011 Aug;19(8):963-9. Epub 2011 May 12.
7. Hunter DJ, Harvey W, Gross KD, Felson D, McCree P, Li L, Hirko K, Zhang B, Bennell K. A randomized trial of patellofemoral bracing for treatment of patellofemoral osteoarthritis. Osteoarthrits and Cartilage. 2011 Jan 11
8. Harvey WF, Yang M, Cooke TDV, Segal N, Lane N, Lewis CE, Felson DT. Leg length inequality and its association with knee osteoarthritis: Data from the MOST Study. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2010;152(5):287-95 PMCID: PMC2909027
9. Segal NA, Harvey WF, Felson DT, Yang M, Tornor JC, Curtis JR, Nevitt MC. Leg length inequality is not associated with greater trochanteric pain syndrome. Arthritis Research & Therapy 2008, 10:R62 doi:10.1186/ar2433.
10. Harvey, WF, Niu J, Zhang Y, McCree PI, Felson DT, Nevitt M, Xu L, Hunter DJ. Knee alignment differences between Chinese and Caucasian subjects. Ann Rheum Dis Published Online First: 29 January 2008. doi:10.1136/ard.2007.074294
William Harvey, MD, MSc, FACR is the Clinical Director of the Arthritis Treatment Center at Tufts Medical Center, where he has practiced since 2008. His clinical interests are in osteoarthritis, scleroderma and general rheumatology. Dr. Harvey also has experience in musculoskeletal ultrasound. His research interest focuses on epidemiology and clinical trials in osteoarthritis as well as clinical trial design. Apart from his rheumatology duties, he is the Lead Physician for Ambulatory Electronic Health Records at Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Harvey also works at a national level on patient and physician advocacy, Chairing the Government Affairs Committee of the American College of Rheumatology.